340 Six Pack Setup- Craigslist listing

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
is that an original setup or no? is that the going price for one?

It would be a good deal if it was a factory setup. The front and back carbs look to be hooked up mechanically to the center carb linkage. Hard to be absolutely sure without a closeup. Would have to see the other side to see if the vacuum pots are there and hooked up.

yea, i just got off the phone with him.

he will take 1,400.00 for it and a a-body four speed setup. has bell, p.p and good clutch, linkage,shifter, flywheel

or he will take 1,000 just for the intake setup. he says that he has had it sitting for 25 years now

id buy it, but i got to get a car done first.lol

The outside vacuum diaphragms are missing. They will need to be found (six pack only) to work right. The mechanical will not work well at all.

Most likely the jets have been messed with as well as the accelerator pump trying to cover over the "bog" made by removing the vacuum linkage. Notice also that you are getting only one side view, twice!-the modified side is not in the photos.

It would be a good deal if it was a factory setup. The front and back carbs look to be hooked up mechanically to the center carb linkage. Hard to be absolutely sure without a closeup. Would have to see the other side to see if the vacuum pots are there and hooked up.
No not really-the vacuum diaphragms are twice the size of the four barrel set up and are very easy to see. They would hang out the other side and are almost as big as the carbs.

without additional pictures of the other side of the intake...

the carbs are hooked correctly with the linkage on the driverside...the linkage does not open the carbs...it closes them...

you can almost see the large vacum pods on the otherside of the carbs for the front and rear ....

there are no metering blocks in the front and rear which is correct...jetting was changed by changing the entire metering plate...

I just checked the link out, it mentions that 6 packs were only used on Auto trannys....they werent every used on 4spd's???

my 70 AARCuda with a 340 6 pac from the factory has a 4 speed.........

I just checked the link out, it mentions that 6 packs were only used on Auto trannys....they werent every used on 4spd's???

They are used in both auto and manuals-the link is showing the auto set up but the diaphragms are the same. I am trying to show that the one on craigeslist is missing theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back