340 six-pack

-
Thanks. I'll start a build thread shortly. Got 3 yrs of work into this so far. There's a story behind this build too. I'll bring that forward when the time is right.

A side shot of the hood I think you like?

20190829_153055.jpg

That is a Factory strip option. Nothing fancy. You just don't see it a lot on Black cars. I accomplished my goal.

My bad, I was actually trying to be funny as to sound ( phonetically, like your typical American, Hillbilly.)
In fact, I was born in Canada which statistically makes me Canadian, yet I do have "papers" that entitle me to the same rights as your President's wife and all the folks you love so much in the good old U.S. of A.
The only difference between you and I that I can see and depending if you are employed (Or retired) is your income is in USD while mine is in CDN... OH YES, and that I'm obligated to speak thoroughly in 2 languages when I was making a living, plus the one I grew up with, So 3 languages to your one. Maybe that's why we Canadians love them 3 carb deuces, aka six packs.
All the best and God Bless All.

MAPS

My bad, I was actually trying to be funny as to sound ( phonetically, like your typical American, Hillbilly.)
In fact, I was born in Canada which statistically makes me Canadian, yet I do have "papers" that entitle me to the same rights as your President's wife and all the folks you love so much in the good old U.S. of A.
The only difference between you and I that I can see and depending if you are employed (Or retired) is your income is in USD while mine is in CDN... OH YES, and that I'm obligated to speak thoroughly in 2 languages when I was making a living, plus the one I grew up with, So 3 languages to your one. Maybe that's why we Canadians love them 3 carb deuces, aka six packs.

MAPS

What do you call a person that speaks 3 languages?

Trilingual

What do you call a person that speaks two languages?

Bilingual

What do you call a person that speaks one language?

A Gringo

MAPS
No such thang as uh typical hillbilly, we's all difrant.

LOL! I guess that depends on what she glasses are being used that day.
:lol:
Or what part of the world your from.
No such thang as uh typical hillbilly, we's all difrant.

MAPS

Funny you bring up the multiple languages
In my house alone there are 3 different languages fluently spoken on a daily basis

I kinda figured you were joking, so I ran with it (that's what the :poke: under it means, but I'll guess I need to install a larger image)

That's ok, I didn't take it wrong, believe I rarely take things on a public board wrong and if I did, no biggie. To be honest, the symbols, I didn't even realize them lol.

Have yourself a good evening...

Jadaharabi

Trilingual is someone who will
Try anything.

MAPS

1970 AAR/TA Cudas and Challengers only came from Chrysler and you could not order those. MR Norm was the only one putting on after market 6 packs and those were only on Dusters in 70 and 71. The only 6 packs you could order were 69/70 B bodies.

One of the first things that I would have you understand is that Mr Norm was not a Plymouth dealer he was a Dodge dealer.
Here is the story of the last six pack demon that was built it and later was sold at auction.

Description
Lot #413 - Built by Mr. Norm at the world famous Grand-Spaulding Dodge. This was the last 1971 GSS (Grand Spaulding Special). Matching numbers 340 built with a Six Pack. Paperwork included with car, absolutely stunning car and extremely rare, Bill of Sale, original dealer invoice, Fender Tag, original dealer paperwork jacket from Grand-Spaulding Dodge all included, car is stunning. This was the last 1971 Demon 340 GSS Six Pack built and has a very interesting history. March 15, 1972 this 1971 Dodge Demon 340 comes back in as a new car trade with approximately 5,200 miles and was put on the used car line and offered for sale, on March 19, 1972 in walks a man and tells Mr. Norm he wants to buy that car and have a GSS conversion done which includes a Six Pack, 4.10 gears, dyno tuning and other options and he also wanted it converted from a bench seat to factory bucket seats with factory console. Norm Kraus (Mr. Norm) tells Mr. Koening "the package we offer now on a GSS car uses a Paxton supercharger, no more Six Pack conversions, that was for the 1971 cars and were not doing them anymore." The buyer was very persistent about having it as a Six Pack car and being a 1971 it was the last year for the FC7 Plum Crazy color and it was not offered in 1972. He explained to Mr. Norm he was searching all over for a Plum Crazy Purple Demon 340 with no luck until now. Mr. Norm decided to build him the car he wanted because of that. That's how this car came to be, the last 1971 GSS car built, very few FC-7 Plum Crazy Demons ever built by MR. Norms for 1971, exact numbers are unknown. Included with car are the following original documents, Grand Spaulding Bill of Sale, Grand-Spaulding retail order form original dealer invoice, Grand-Spaulding deposit slip, original dealer inventory card, original dealer service jacket, original owner's books and envelope, original Fender Tag, original 340 matching numbers engine is in the car. Car is a cool piece of MOPAR history with documentation to back it up. ** Title as a 1971 Dodge Dart.

I was at this year's Carlisle show and saw a Demon six pack from Mr Norm that was a blue colour, But not the B5 blue a lighter version.
Wasn't too shabby but the guy was asking too much in my opinion.
No less a real nice piece of Americana and Dodge history..
MAPS

"The only 6 packs you could order were 69/70 B bodies."

You forgot 1971 and the E bodys.

The Six Pack provided an economic alternative to the notoriously fickle Hemi, at least in terms of as-delivered factory setup. Hemis often required extensive tuning to get the most out of them, but the Six Pack arrived ready to go.

Chrysler made just 3,384 A12s, all for 1969 and all with the lift-off black fiberglass hoods and plain, black wheels without so much as a dogdish hubcap. Perhaps the only adornments on the car for decoration were the chrome-plated lug nuts. When the 440 Six Pack became a stand-alone option for 1970, on models including the Charger, Challenger, Coronet, GTX and Barracuda, the specifications changed slightly, including the substitution of a Chrysler cast-iron manifold for the pricier aluminum Edelbrock unit. The option remained available through 1971.

Last edited:
1970 AAR/TA Cudas and Challengers only came from Chrysler and you could not order those.

Don't know where you came up with this idea. Yes you could order them from a dealer. Chrysler sold over eight thousand of these cars. And it had different options available to the buyer such as did you want a four-speed or did you want an automatic? Did you want a front spoiler or not?
Did you want a blue one or did you want a black one?

"The only 6 packs you could order were 69/70 B bodies."

You forgot 1971 and the E bodys.

The Six Pack provided an economic alternative to the notoriously fickle Hemi, at least in terms of as-delivered factory setup. Hemis often required extensive tuning to get the most out of them, but the Six Pack arrived ready to go.

Chrysler made just 3,384 A12s, all for 1969 and all with the lift-off black fiberglass hoods and plain, black wheels without so much as a dogdish hubcap. Perhaps the only adornments on the car for decoration were the chrome-plated lug nuts. When the 440 Six Pack became a stand-alone option for 1970, on models including the Charger, Challenger, Coronet, GTX and Barracuda, the specifications changed slightly, including the substitution of a Chrysler cast-iron manifold for the pricier aluminum Edelbrock unit. The option remained available through 1971.

I've realized also (as my first car was a 70 Cuda, 440_6bbl car) that the 71 Cuda was NOT available with a stand alone 440, you were able to get a (6cyl.) 340, 383 or a Hemi, along with a shaker for either one of those engines either 4 barrels or as the Hemi came with 2 x 4 barrels but not a 440.
Only 440 that came in the E Body was a six pack in 71.
I know there will be a few that will say oh no I had one, my sister's boyfriend had one, my dad had a 71 Cuda with a 440.... Maybe so, but not from the factory.
So with that said, I guess Chrysler must have felt the 6 pack set ups were good enough to offer them like that.
Just my 2 (or 6, lol) cents....
MAPS

So the OP titled the topic '340 Six Pack'. My bad regarding Mr Norm. He worked on all Mopars but indeed install 340 six packs in the Demons. And, no, you could not order the TAs or AARs. Only choices were what ere on on the lot. What ever the dealers buyers checked off. Most of us know what cars could be ordered with the famed 440-6bbls. Those were bad ***. I'll take an F7 69 Super Bee. 4sp.

-
Back