340 Stroker Oil Pan ???

-

71Demon340

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a oil pan that will work with a 340 with 4" stroke. Seems like all the pans I look at on Summit or elsewhere say they are not clearanced for stroker. Any help would be appreciated.

Milodon part#30935 thats the pan i run on my 416 with no issues what so ever,but you do need to notch the front k-frame just a bit for clearance,available at Summit for $225.95....

Certain headers won't fit because of the kickouts on that Milodon pan so that would also be something to consider before purchasing either the pan or headers.

Chuck

The Mancini Racing oil pan is what my buddy runs with his stroker. They are made by Charlie's.

If you buy a good quality header like TTI'S they'll clear no problem,cheaper headers ,hey...you get what you pay for!!

Well they are cheap in price compaired to TTI's......it's bad enough spending $400 on a set of Super Comps but $600 for a set of headers is BS.....the cheap $150 Hedman and Hooker headers don't fit bad enough IMO to warrant spending $600+ on a set of headers......that you still have to run a mini starter and drop the centerlink to install......I'll stick with the Hooker and Hedman's.

Well they are cheap in price compaired to TTI's......it's bad enough spending $400 on a set of Super Comps but $600 for a set of headers is BS.....the cheap $150 Hedman and Hooker headers don't fit bad enough IMO to warrant spending $600+ on a set of headers......that you still have to run a mini starter and drop the centerlink to install......I'll stick with the Hooker and Hedman's.

If your saying hookers or hedman are of the same quality as tti's your dreaming, i've had both in the past on my cars,and they are no where close to what you get in spending the extra money for tti's and watch out for the speed bumps and pot holes with the cheaper ones,unless you crank your front-end up,another problem you won;t have to worry about with tti's..

I don't have my front end jacked up in the air and I have never scraped my Super Comps on the ground.....and I don't have to pull the header off to get the starter out either like some people claim. I've seen TTI's and they are nice but not $600+ nice IMO....plus I have heard horror stories of guys waiting for months to get their headers from TTI this year.

Anyway..back to the topic at hand......IIRC the Moroso deep pan will clear as well and there should be no header clearance problems with it since there is no kick-out on it.

Maybe no header problems but the Moroso hangs a lot lower then the Milodon,another thing to consider..

Anyone know where I can find a oil pan that will work with a 340 with 4" stroke. Seems like all the pans I look at on Summit or elsewhere say they are not clearanced for stroker. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevco makes a nice pan and no clearanace issues with the crank or frame etc...

There are different models with different levels of quality of Hooker headers. I was being sarcastic with that comment.

Chuck

Certain headers won't fit because of the kickouts on that Milodon pan so that would also be something to consider before purchasing either the pan or headers.

Chuck

340mopar,
Are you using a Milodon pan on your Valiant? If so, do the kickouts clear the K member?

Yes, I have a Milodon pan and no the kickouts did not clear, I had to notch the k member at the front of the pan. My headers clear though, LOL.

Chuck

Couldn't he just extend the pan down 1 inch by welding?

Yes, I have a Milodon pan and no the kickouts did not clear, I had to notch the k member at the front of the pan. My headers clear though, LOL.

Chuck

Do you think I'd be alright with my street 360 if I used a stock pan? I'll probably rarely go over 5500 rpm, but once in a while things happen. Extra oil capacity is always nice to have. I just looked at my K member (no engine in the car) & I'm guessing you had to cut & box quite a bit on the back side to make the Milodon pan fit. Does the Milodon have the same ground clearance as stock?

I have a 416 in my duster and i have a stock pan on it. Years ago i ran a moroso pan and clearance to the ground was tight so i took a stock pan added 1.5 inches to it in the sump area. The top portion is stock. It cleared the stroker with no problems.When i started to build the stroker i bought a milodon pan but I also run hooker super comps 1 3/4 headers and they didnt clear my milodon pan so i just reused my stock pan.

The Milodon pan hangs lower than the stock pan but not as much as the Moroso. I have used stock pans in the past with no issues. I have had cars that run low 12's with the stock pans. The main reason I use aftermarket pans on race cars is so I can have the oil farther from the crank to lessen windage. I only run 5-6 quarts in my Milodon pan for this reason.

Chuck

Stock pans clear 4" strokes. Windage trays, pans, pickups, all are the same for a 4" arm. You can go deeper/bigger. but you certainly dont have to. I dont normally. You do have to go with a better apn when using the Moroso pump cover/pickup like the "big inch small blocks" book.

-
Back