340 to 413 swap out

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I have found a good deal on a 413 and 727 Auto trans. I was wondering how much work it would take to swap out a 340 to a 413? Would I need to cut the inner fenderwells? And would I need to remove the power steering? Or remove the heater blower motor and wiper motor? and I was also wondering about the K member, would I be able to use the existing K for this swap? Any help in this will help and certainly influence my decision to purchase this motor/drivetrain combo. Thanks!!!!

A good deal on a 413 generally means an industrial/truck/motorhome engine. The year and which trans it is will also determine how good a deal it is. Pics would be helpful.

well, i bought a 71 scamp that had a 383 in it. it was a 66 h.p, with a modified k-frame (they hacked up a real b.b a body one, and cut the ears off, and welded them to the k-frame that was in the car. it also had 73 b-body h.p manifolds. everything else was untouched. it sat in the car perfect, with a little room on both sides, with 2.5 dual exaust.

so, it should not be too hard

I know but I am really seriously thinking about the idea of a BB Duster. Motor is from a 73' and only has 80,000 miles on it.

whats wrong with the 340?

i,m a bb enthusiast but still saying why? If its a 73 its a truck motor with low compression. the 413s werre phased out of passenger cars in the mid 60s

The entire top end of the motor is useless for your application and the transmission likely has a park brake on the tail end. Pass on it.........

-
Back