340 water pump bolt torque?

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
ive searched through several threads but couldnt find a definite answer. Ill ive found is 30 ft lbs. is this correct?

30 ft. lbs. is correct. Chain case cover is 35 ft. lbs.

You mean just the lower timing cover bolts are 35 right?

The 7 water pump bolts are 30, 4 are through the timing cover and 3 go into the timing cover right?

Last edited:
Don't have a FSM in front of me at the moment, but I would torque up thru bolts to the block to 35 ft-lb spec, bolts just into the cover torque up to 30 ft-lb spec.

The 4 bolts int the uper part of the water pump go into the block then the 2 lower and upper center bolt go into the cover right?

I've never torqued them. Just put sealer on them and snug them down really well and it'll be fine.

I usually dont unless its intake or other major engine parts, but less room for error if i know they are exactly torqued even

ive searched through several threads but couldnt find a definite answer. Ill ive found is 30 ft lbs. is this correct?

I'm not tryin' to be mean here, but it is high time you learned to use factory service manuals. I've posted this a jillion times.

This thread......

Free service manuals

........and MyMopar. No, I don't work there. Several of the manuals there are due to the efforts of guys on THIS board

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - MyMopar Tools/Reference

There is lots of other stuff there at MyMopar. The "master tech" series has a wealth of information over the years

THERE ARE A FEW MISTAKES here and there in the factory ones. The bolt torque for LA rocker shafts was too much for a few years, so use your brain. Use Google. Bolt torque charts for U.S. grade 5 (3 point) hex cap screws........

standard-bolt-torque-chart.jpg

Another mistake was in the wiring diagrams for a few years around 68--70 or thereabouts. "Magically" the yellow start wire and green/red horn wire got interchanged at the bulkhead connector

-
Back