340ci AFB Carb: Approx Value ? Its Big, Its Rare

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you can't post a picture and more info like #s
Who post a carb and post a picture of a header?

I'm out! I just don't have that much $$$ damn!
That's it. Proof you were just a wheeler dealer looking to buy cheap and flip it for profit.
wink-gif.gif

laugh2-gif.gif

maybe a rare 68 4 speed with the special one year only cam
or a cross ram aka street tunnel ram (STR)tm from a destroked to 305 340 with the Kellogg 8 bolt crank and 4130 rods with the half inch bolts
or from a tunnel port head special order
thanks for the detailed tech info toolguy

Well Trev, You started the thread by asking how much it's worth and so far none of us really know what you are talking about. We are pretty analytical here. For example, you have a RXXXX Carter carb and want to know how much it's worth. We get busy and look in our books, manuals, and the internet to see what, when and where it came from. Then we can have an opinion of what it's worth. So far all you have been doing is blowing smoke up our rears as to what it is. It doesn't sound like you really want your question answered but you just want to brag and spread some b/s. It looks like you are fishing for a unsuspecting buyer and not in a sale thread. I should just delete this thread because it doesn't follow our rules here.
Well toolman, with most of that post, you disappoint me, incl & I take offense at the ungrounded assumption in the last 2 sentences that I'm what ? " searching for prices for some unsuspecting buyer ...." ??!! Wtf ? With that comment & its spin off comment giving you trumped-up ( NO pun intended ) self-appointed license to threaten "to remove/close thread" jeez you'd make a good District Attorney given that assumed 3/5th of 5/8th cause your wrong wrong wrong & what's this ? Blowinsmoke up peoples butts ?? IYO as I've prior said & learned in life & others have found to their cost, IF I get wronged and/or crossed or flammed needlessly when I've done my prior homework & stuck to my guns (as a Prior Prime Minister once Advised me & has always held me & other kiwis in good stead.) I DON'T Wimp out, back down, or let them off the hook, like bullies.
So that ALS9 EXPLAINS WHY YOU'VE JUST PUT ME ON A WATCH/TRACK LIST ?? Huh ?...
I grew up & was taught integrity... NOT jumping the gun , as you have just displayed, particularly with those last 2 sentences - you OWE ME AN APOLOGY..
As for "blowing smoke up butts" I don't do that, If you want to see sticking up for yourself as "BS'ing & blowing smoke ??" Go for your life, but again if fact wrankles, then that's your problem but
Don't expect me to live life by your possibly dogmatic rules. Sure its appreciated if people look up catalogues,info etc but unfortunately I DON'T have a crystal ball as to what people are upto.
You won't like this: but I don'tthink the teacher likes being told something he doesn't know ! ( as I've done in the past, to point of teaching shop at school) & 2/ no way in hell are you correct in your misconstrued assumption that my thread is a veiled, disguised "Classified Advert" !! - NO site rules were broken so consider yourself told off.
I've been Polite as always when responses have been respectful & disagree strongly with my resident Flamer Dr Heckle & Mr Hyde smellyfish360's defamitory comment that I "Enjoy Flaming & Preflaming others that disagree..." Is just biased repeatedly defammitory opinion & IF you want to have a misguided crack at me over an offensive but TELLING misconceptioñ, then have a crack at him over that ( you won't though).

Sorry, but you've gone down in my estimation & assumption ,bordering on Crooked Troll like too.

I was asked to NOT leave this site, now thinking why the hell do I bother: all i did was open a thread asking what value a 340 AFB may have & for quiper360 I'm sorry but nothing about Canada or Mexico market, this 340 was manufactured & sold on the AMERICAN Market.
Talk about shooting the messanger ! - think I'll senr Chrysler an invoice for grief rendered.

Oh & the 'agree' tick on your post was my slip of a Single digit :-/

Well toolman, with most of that post, you disappoint me, incl & I take offense at the ungrounded assumption in the last 2 sentences that I'm what ? " searching for prices for some unsuspecting buyer ...." ??!! Wtf ? With that comment & its spin off comment giving you trumped-up ( NO pun intended ) self-appointed license to threaten "to remove/close thread" jeez you'd make a good District Attorney given that assumed 3/5th of 5/8th cause your wrong wrong wrong & what's this ? Blowinsmoke up peoples butts ?? IYO as I've prior said & learned in life & others have found to their cost, IF I get wronged and/or crossed or flammed needlessly when I've done my prior homework & stuck to my guns (as a Prior Prime Minister once Advised me & has always held me & other kiwis in good stead.) I DON'T Wimp out, back down, or let them off the hook, like bullies.
So that ALS9 EXPLAINS WHY YOU'VE JUST PUT ME ON A WATCH/TRACK LIST ?? Huh ?...
I grew up & was taught integrity... NOT jumping the gun , as you have just displayed, particularly with those last 2 sentences - you OWE ME AN APOLOGY..
As for "blowing smoke up butts" I don't do that, If you want to see sticking up for yourself as "BS'ing & blowing smoke ??" Go for your life, but again if fact wrankles, then that's your problem but
Don't expect me to live life by your possibly dogmatic rules. Sure its appreciated if people look up catalogues,info etc but unfortunately I DON'T have a crystal ball as to what people are upto.
You won't like this: but I don'tthink the teacher likes being told something he doesn't know ! ( as I've done in the past, to point of teaching shop at school) & 2/ no way in hell are you correct in your misconstrued assumption that my thread is a veiled, disguised "Classified Advert" !! - NO site rules were broken so consider yourself told off.
I've been Polite as always when responses have been respectful & disagree strongly with my resident Flamer Dr Heckle & Mr Hyde smellyfish360's defamitory comment that I "Enjoy Flaming & Preflaming others that disagree..." Is just biased repeatedly defammitory opinion & IF you want to have a misguided crack at me over an offensive but TELLING misconceptioñ, then have a crack at him over that ( you won't though).

Sorry, but you've gone down in my estimation & assumption ,bordering on Crooked Troll like too.

I was asked to NOT leave this site, now thinking why the hell do I bother: all i did was open a thread asking what value a 340 AFB may have & for quiper360 I'm sorry but nothing about Canada or Mexico market, this 340 was manufactured & sold on the AMERICAN Market.
Talk about shooting the messanger ! - think I'll senr Chrysler an invoice for grief rendered.

Oh & the 'agree' tick on your post was my slip of a Single digit :-/
Simple,
show us a few photos and give us some numbers. That will give you some credibility. You haven't shown any of us that you even own said carburetor that you asked us to value.

All we are asking for is a picture and the numbers on the carb so we can do some research and figure out if it truly is rare or not,
So my question to you is why is that so hard to do, you can post pictures so that's not a problem, so what is the problem?

Fcik off ya cheeky assuming Git, reread my further up post, where i said when I can get to it I'll give more info, as it is I'm THAT busy I've worked solid through the night without sleep .. Have you ugly lot of circling sharks ??

Read my LIPS: ITS NOT FOR FRIGGING SALE !! NEVER HAS BEEN & CERTAINLY NOT TO YOU MOSTLY VENAL FLAMING TROLLING LOT.

READ MY LIPS: NEVER HAS BEEN & NEVER WAS/IS A *CLASSIFIED ADVERT*

DON'T EVEN THINK YOUR STAND-UP ENOUGH TO KNOW COMMERCIALLY SENSITIVE CARB # INFO:: GIVEN NATURE OF RESPONSES DISPLAYED...

Ever heard of the term " Biting the hand that feeds" ?? Or "Killing the Goose thatvlays the golden eggs " ??...
Nah didn't think so..

Shiish, IS that the sound of a 271hp 289 mustang I Hear coming ??

You guys must have nothing better in New Zealand than to drink too much, and all of us are still waiting for the pictures...

Ahhhh So I WAS right about you: I'm starting to dislike you, your accusing tone AND attitude - you are reminding me of cooking class teacher I cooked under the table & DID SHE GET PISSED !.
I DON'T Have to prove my Credibility to you or anyone ! ( Right now, after working hard all night & just heading to bed, NO sleep, last thing I'm going to do is put myself out to prove Carbs existance & my ownership ! Just to satisfy passing toying curiosity...
I & 1 other here know what I've got ( my books confirm it) just exactvyear confirmation may've been bonus.

You wear 2 hats my friend, not a good look.
Trev.

Even if it's true, it has almost zero worth to anyone except the person with a car "that style" carburetor came on.

Can we go ahead and move this thread to the joke section now?

Ok, your first post called anybody a troll that had an opinion. Then it escalated from there. I couldn’t read the rest of your argumentative bullshit. You have been a member for a month. You don’t like it here? You came to the site. You don’t want opinions? Don’t ask.
I personally am not an expert in anything. But I’m a pretty damn good judge of character. You claim a lot of stuff but you sure don’t show it.

You leave a little to be desired.

Yes, I will delete the thread. Your choice. Carry on or get real.

Even if it's true, it has almost zero worth to anyone except the person with a car "that style" carburetor came on.

Can we go ahead and move this thread to the joke section now?
Hey Mr Call 'em & Fold no-show has Just surfaced on the WRONGVthread with his loudmouth & 1/2 a brain engaged...

Your twisted logic is not needed, there's a Ball peen hammer & a IED over in the Sandpit over yonder: you should reconise it.
Bye..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back