360/300hp magnum crate 1/4 mile

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
Question for all you guys with the 360/300hp magnum crate or equivalent: in stock form, what are your best track times on the 1/4 mile? Found a nice long block magnum for a decent price and was wondering what I could expect out of it if I just mocked it up close to the specs on the crate engine.

1/4 times....anywhere from high 11 to 16s...depending on how much the car weights...torque converter...rear end gears, slicks or street tires.. who is driving it...his tuning ability...

you need to provide a lot more info...LOL

im with aarcuda, but if you're talking run of the mill basic A body with freeway gears, im thinkin high 15's

Ok, well my converter will be 22-24k, gears 4:10, its a driver car so no seats are coming out and no roll bars or anything like that, 727 transmission with shift kit and 8 3/4 rear and the car is a 73 scamp. It will be tuned on a dyno.

If I had the money I would be buying something with a lot more horse power, heh heh. It's a driver for now and in the future I figure I can always change some top end parts to be there

I'll guess 14's....maybe....depends a lot on traction and suspension. Heck, my old 360 combo went form 12.1 to 11.4 just by changing to GOOD tires...so it's really hard to say.

The 300hp crate 360 is basically the stock Magnum with a manidfold and carb. If you can upgrade the cam and springs, the 380hp level is easy to reach.
Depending on a lot of things the ETs I'd expect from the 300hp version would be around low 14s to high 13s.

You put enough N20 on it and it'll run 7s.......once.

Good tuning and chassis set up I could see high 12's or 13's in it.

-
Back