360 and a blower

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
Here's a little winter project ive been working on.
.030 over 360 I was given. 8 to 1 speed pro pistons with minimal use. Some freshening up, pocket porting, balance, and a solid cam. 6-71, 10% under driven, two 650 edelbrocks. I'll dyno it soon.

20221216_214902.jpg

What's your HP estimate or goal? I haven't a clue when it comes to roots type blowers, but it seems that the centrifugal type will give a solid 150-200hp increase with 6-8lbs of boost.

I love the look of an old school 671. The only thing I would add would be a Rude Ron 4" blower spacer. LOL

What's your HP estimate or goal? I haven't a clue when it comes to roots type blowers, but it seems that the centrifugal type will give a solid 150-200hp increase with 6-8lbs of boost.
Looking a Dyers website, according to their specs 1.5 hp per cubic inch is pretty easy. My cam is a little smaller than what they list as a general recommendation. Also, I won't know what the actual boost will be until I get it on the dyno. My best guess with the research I've done is around 9psi. So if it did make 1.5 per cubic inch, that 544hp. But I'm expecting less.

Looking a Dyers website, according to their specs 1.5 hp per cubic inch is pretty easy. My cam is a little smaller than what they list as a general recommendation. Also, I won't know what the actual boost will be until I get it on the dyno. My best guess with the research I've done is around 9psi. So if it did make 1.5 per cubic inch, that 544hp. But I'm expecting less.
Way cool ! They sound so nice love the post :popcorn:

Fantastic winter project! What cam/specs are you running? When you dyno it, do you plan on making any pulley changes to play with the drive #s? Looking forward to seeing what it puts out.

You should easily make over 600 at 9 psi maybe the upper side of 600 with a decent blower cam .

I love the look of an old school 671. The only thing I would add would be a Rude Ron 4" blower spacer. LOL
:popcorn:
Offenhauser makes a plate that mounts a 6-71 on top of a Turbo-Thrust tunnel ram base. I can't find any pics, but I bet it's a sight! I love the torque a roots blower produces.

:popcorn:
Offenhauser makes a plate that mounts a 6-71 on top of a Turbo-Thrust tunnel ram base. I can't find any pics, but I bet it's a sight! I love the torque a roots blower produces.
I've seen them. That'd be even better than the Rude Ron spacer. If you run a roots blower, it oughtta be taller than the roof. lol

I like it except for the four small bolts in aluminum restraining something that takes 100 horsepower to drive under full load. Seems a little bit iffy!

Here's a little winter project ive been working on.
.030 over 360 I was given. 8 to 1 speed pro pistons with minimal use. Some freshening up, pocket porting, balance, and a solid cam. 6-71, 10% under driven, two 650 edelbrocks. I'll dyno it soon.

View attachment 1716025519
Question? Where did you get the parts for your project, and aprox cost ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, what heads are you using, and what have you done to reinforce the bottom end?

Question? Where did you get the parts for your project, and aprox cost ? Inquiring minds want to know.
The bottom end is basically stock. As long as I keep the rpms in check and keep it from detonation it should be OK. Cast pistons, more ring gap, MLS gaskets, balanced, good valve job, viton seals. And lots of research. I really do not have much money into it. I'll add up my cost when I'm done.

Also, what heads are you using, and what have you done to reinforce the bottom end?
Mid 70s 360 heads. 1.88 1.60 valves. Ported myself. The bottom end is determined by rpm limit. It's basically stock but balanced and good machine work. I'll keep it conservative with an MSD rev limiter. It's not an all out blower motor, just a healthy street cruiser.

Fantastic winter project! What cam/specs are you running? When you dyno it, do you plan on making any pulley changes to play with the drive #s? Looking forward to seeing what it puts out.
The cam is an old blue racer solid. Specs are 238 248 @.050. 480 500 lift. On a 114 lsa. With lash of .022 basically its like a 228 238 hydraulic. I've had the cam for at least 10 yrs. Finally found a place for it. Also using 273 adjustable rockers.
I currently do not have any other pulleys. I plan. To dyno it on some 110, and if the boost is at a safe level for 91, I'll put that in. If I need to adjust boost, I'll have to buy a pulley after.

With 8:1 and that thick head gasket, I’d imagine you should be able to do a 1-to-1 drive ratio, with a boost timing master.
I’m working on getting a water methanol injection system for mine. I don’t really like a big fat pulley up top on mine. It just looks funky, but I’m at 9.5:1, 13% under driven

With 8:1 and that thick head gasket, I’d imagine you should be able to do a 1-to-1 drive ratio, with a boost timing master.
I’m working on getting a water methanol injection system for mine. I don’t really like a big fat pulley up top on mine. It just looks funky, but I’m at 9.5:1, 13% under driven
Calculated out, my compression is at 8.1 to 1. That's with the thick head gasket.

A little blending and nothing special down here. It's a bit of an experiment for me. I eventually want to build a blown 440. I have a BDS intake for one. Something with some better bottom end parts so I can really make some power.

20221211_195757.jpg

20221203_113733.jpg

Overall, it’s a pretty nice setup for a street cruiser. I do suspect you may have some lean out issues that may be difficult to tune out when the secondaries start to open. The cam is going to amplify the already tremendous bottom end torque.

-
Back