360 and a blower

-
Nice work. I’d be more than comfortable with that bottom end. That thing should run very nice. I bet 600 horse easy.

Also, I found the blower with the intake, belt and pulleys on Facebook marketplace. I did take it all apart, replaced 3 bearings and I still need to check some clearances.

You should easily make over 600 at 9 psi maybe the upper side of 600 with a decent blower cam .
Every blower company seems to have a different idea of what makes a "blower" cam. The only commonality I see is using 112 or 114 lsa. That's usually accompanied by the comments of decreasing overlap. Yet there are much bigger so called blower cams ground on 114 but have a lot of overlap due to their increased duration. Also, it's often recommended to have more exhaust duration. Which makes sense to me. BDS grinds theirs on a 110. The old man from Dyers said he really likes the 280, 474 Mopar Performance cam. It seems there is no real perfect cam. Its about your usage. Just like naturally aspirated.

It might be worth it to you to get this guy’s opinion..

Jones Cams

He’ll design a custom cam for you to.

Custom Camshafts | Jones Cams
It might be worth it to you to get this guy’s opinion..

Jones Cams

He’ll design a custom cam for you to.

Custom Camshafts | Jones Cams
I did.

Screenshot_20221224-122035_Outlook.jpg

With him recommending it, there’s nothing better for your setup for your intended goals. That whole setup is going to be a lot of fun. It’s should work well enough long enough that you may not ever see the need in the big power blown RB. I would like to see a pair of 4150 DP’s or a single dominator, though. There’s almost no such thing as too much pump shot with a supercharger. It’s a lot safer than not enough pump shot with a blower.

With him recommending it, there’s nothing better for your setup for your intended goals. That whole setup is going to be a lot of fun. It’s should work well enough long enough that you may not ever see the need in the big power blown RB. I would like to see a pair of 4150 DP’s or a single dominator, though. There’s almost no such thing as too much pump shot with a supercharger. It’s a lot safer than not enough pump shot with a blower.
I figured the cam I had is very close to his recommendation, so I used it.
I do have a pair of 650 dp holleys I'm thinking about using. The blower came with the Edelbrock linkage and I have two good working carbs so I'm going to try that first. I still may get the holley linkage before I dyno it and do both sets of carbs.
An if I really feel like dumping in air, I have two 800 holley double pumper as well.

The 650 DPs would technically be the most correct for the set up right now, but I don’t think you’ll have any real issues with the Edelbrock carbs. If you’re running 1:1 direct linkage with them, you I’ll probably be going into instant wheel spin anytime you even get close to the secondaries opening. What tires, gears, and transmission?

The 650 DPs would technically be the most correct for the set up right now, but I don’t think you’ll have any real issues with the Edelbrock carbs. If you’re running 1:1 direct linkage with them, you I’ll probably be going into instant wheel spin anytime you even get close to the secondaries opening. What tires, gears, and transmission?
I'm not even sure what I'm putting it in yet.

I suggest a D100 or a Dakota with ladder bars and coil overs.

The fury would really be cool with that. You could really let that eat some prolonged boost with some 2.94 gears.

@Coyote Jack is running the fitech setup with his blown 340 he really likes it and it works real nice . his cam if i remember right is 540 555 lift and 255 260 @50 on a 114 . a fair bit bigger than yours I have been in his car it hauls serious *** ...... Raped APE Category .

Great looking car! Got any more pics? I bet you could get some wide tires under the rear of that one, too. I would do the full house Cope or A&A racing build with a billet drum, bolt in sprag, and a custom converter with that.

Last edited:
That would be such a mind trip with a boosted small block. Definitely will want to tie the frame rails together. That would be fun to use until next winter, then swap to a boosted 440. Especially if you have good heads and a stroker crank. The torque of a black hole!

That would be such a mind trip with a boosted small block. Definitely will want to tie the frame rails together. That would be fun to use until next winter, then swap to a boosted 440. Especially if you have good heads and a stroker crank. The torque of a black hole!
I do have another hood to chop a big hole in. It already has a 360 in it, so easy swap. Just needs a new radiator, 727, and a different driveshaft.

-
Back