Dynoed my 360 with 671

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
Finally got my blown 360 on the dyno. This is a basically stock bottom end. Cast pistons, cast crank, stock rods, balanced. It had speed pro pistons with little use so I ball honed the cylinders. Ground the crank and found some resized rods. Moly rings, 7.8 to 1 compression. Old Wolverine 238 248 @.050 114 lsa solid flat tappet. 273 rockers, 1.88 1.60 valves with some porting and good valve job. Howard's valve springs, stock retainers.
Old used 671 10% under driven, the carbs I had and are dual 600s jetted from Edelbrocks hand book. It made just under 8psi at 6k rpm. Which is where I cut it off, being stock internals. Idles smooth and runs very nice.

20230816_105157.jpg

20230818_155340.jpg

Finally got my blown 360 on the dyno. This is a basically stock bottom end. Cast pistons, cast crank, stock rods, balanced. It had speed pro pistons with little use so I ball honed the cylinders. Ground the crank and found some resized rods. Moly rings, 7.8 to 1 compression. Old Wolverine 238 248 @.050 114 lsa solid flat tappet. 273 rockers, 1.88 1.60 valves with some porting and good valve job. Howard's valve springs, stock retainers.
Old used 671 10% under driven, the carbs I had and are dual 600s jetted from Edelbrocks hand book. It made just under 8psi at 6k rpm. Which is where I cut it off, being stock internals. Idles smooth and runs very nice.

View attachment 1716130684

View attachment 1716130688
510 and it looks like it was still climbing. Wow, that is a flat torque curve!

That blower looks SO big on that small block. If I ever pass through MN, I would love to come by and see that.

That damn thing will probably last a long time! Nice work!

Nope, 33 degrees total timing had 18 initial. Will have to see how it works in the car. But it ran fine on the dyno.
You need to preach this to every swingin dick that argued with me about boost retard. I told them it wasn't necessary if you built it right. Very cool.

You need to preach this to every swingin dick that argued with me about boost retard. I told them it wasn't necessary if you built it right. Very cool.
No power valve referencing, stock electronic mopar distributor I recurved, hooked up to msd on the dyno. Purred like a kitten, pulled cleanly to 6k and would've kept going. Didn't miss a beat.

Last edited:
No power valve referencing, stock electronic mopar distributor I recurved hooked up to msd on the dyno. Purred like a kitten, pulled cleanly to 6k and would've kept going. Didn't miss a beat.
Hell yeah!

Put a Rude Ron 4" blower spacer under it. LOL

-
Back