360 boost pistons?

-
Icon makes a big dish 20cc for a stroker. My guess is they might make the same thing with the correct compressed height. Just need to drill the pin hole in a different spot. Maybe Icon ic742 9.6cc dish

Last edited:
Well this may become an issue. When we squared my block it took a lot of cutting to get it square.

I hope that wont bite me in the *** now.

My KB107s are above deck 12 thou I think?

I've built a few blower motors. IMO, 8:1 is too much for a blown engine that will see some nitrous. In fact, I would want one with just a blower down in the 7s. 7.5 or even 7:1 would be perfect, IMO. The reason I say this is because you're looking at a BIG cash outlay for the blower and all that goes with, so my thinking has always been USE IT. In other words, build the engine with low enough compression to let the blower actually DO SOMETHING other than idle along.

I did a Chevy 327 for a guy when I was still a senior in high school. Dyers 6-71 kit. We ended up between 7 and 7.5. I think I ran the blower 10% over. He loved it. Soon as it popped of it was whinin. lol That thing would really get it too. We didn't even run any type of boost retard. He did run premium in it though. Again, just one idiot's opinion.

Have you considered stroking that 360?
Custom pistons for your current build will be expensive.
Consider stroking to 408 and use these off the shelf ($500) Icon pistons. They are specifically designed for high Boost and nitrous applications. 2618 forging, 8.8CR, with a 65cc head.
Bore the block .030 and have the deck milled to get the correct RA surface finish for use with a MLS head gasket and to set your CH.
These pistons are designed for a Magnum block which has a shorter deck height.
If you don’t deck your block the pistons will be down in the bore, no big deal as this will net a lower CR.
The money you save on custom pistons can be put towards the machine work....Plus a stroked, blown and nitrous engine is just plain awesome... lol
And as being that I’m babbling, use full groove main bearings as they provide full time oiling to the rod bearings. All the extra cylinder pressure is gonna put a load on the connecting rods bearings...

SB Chrysler Icon Forged Pistons Dish 34cc 4.030 Bore IC982-030

-
Back