360 build

-

musclermndart

Reaction score
i am currently rebuild a 71 dart swinger it had a slant six . i'm looking to get 400-450 hp out of the 360 along with a 100 shot of nitrous.i had the block freshind up and i am going to use the stock crank and rods with 10 to1 compression forged pistons. i was told by many mopar buffs that the stock crank and rods along with being redone would hold up to 400-450hp. also going to put aluminum heads on it . just wondering if the numbers i want to see for hp and tq will be hit 500hp and 450tq. not sure what cam and valve train to use to get those numbers any help would be appricated.
gotta shut this mustang up that lives down the street... ha ha ha

Your very vauge. What car do you have along with tranny and rear end size and gears. What do you have to start with?

Hey, I just bought a 360 core and have similar questions, and I was told that a $995.00 (ohiocrank.com) 408 stroker kit would give me more hp and tq per ci than almost any other single upgrade, and that 10.5:1 on pump gas with aluminum heads and a 272 cam would be an easy 400+ horses with 450+ torque. and those estimates were said to be conservative, as well. I am running a lumpy ol' 318 right now, but this 360/408 I am planning is gonna be really cool.... I hope you find the magic combo you seek, as well.

stroker mike, the crank makes torque more than HP. Unless your really trying hard to ping dyno numbers above 550 HP.
A "272" cam is very vauge and sounds like advice from a hillbilly I know from another board. Not very sound.

Start a thread on who did waht and how much power it has made. (Dyno or track times, no guessing/guesstamations accepted.)

-
Back