360 carb retro-fit

-

tbr3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about swapping out the throttle body injection on my '89 360,(going into my '64 Dart GT conv), with a 4 barrel and the 4 barrel intake. Has anyone done this? Do I have to do any electrical changes? I was hoping to just bolt it on, but there's a lot of wiring associated with the existing injection..

Also, I am open to suggestions on a good intake and 4 barrel, have not purchased them before, so I'm hoping you guys with the experience can comment! (Can I do 3 dueces or dual quads without major mods?)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Tom

You have 3 manifold choices:professional products(Chinese)version of a air gap.2nd,Edelbrock RPM air gap(best manifold known to man).3rd,Indy products Mod Man.This is a short runner,removable top,manifold.You can bolt on a blower,dual quads,or six pack.Great looking manifold,doesn't look like much for torque,with short runners,and a big plenum.

You have 3 manifold choices:professional products(Chinese)version of a air gap.2nd,Edelbrock RPM air gap(best manifold known to man).3rd,Indy products Mod Man.This is a short runner,removable top,manifold.You can bolt on a blower,dual quads,or six pack.Great looking manifold,doesn't look like much for torque,with short runners,and a big plenum.

Mopar also makes single plane M1 and a dual plane M1 intake for the magnum heads.

Pro-products has the dual bolt pattern for LA and magnum heads. You need to run an electric pump as the magnum doesnt have an eccentric on the end (??) What trans, does it take sensor inputs to shift? How about distributor? Cant be that hard, probably end up with about 40 feet of unused harness when your done.

Like the 99 harness I have.Went carb,for now.The powerplant had 110k plus.Bores still had a beautiful crosshatch.I wanted to port the heads,maybe later.Runs absolutely fantastic,after a cam swap.

............A 89 360 is a LA engine.......u can do dam near anything u want.....u will need a different distributor also, and an electric fuel pump......kim.............

............A 89 360 is a LA engine.......u can do dam near anything u want.....u will need a different distributor also, and an electric fuel pump......kim.............

Yes..that is correct...LA engine...just read the post above...lol

Speedway motors sells a six pack adapter that bolts onto a standard Holley flange. Although I believe you would have to run a hood scoop of some sort to clear.

-
Back