360 Compression?

-

vje55

Reaction score
Guys, have a set of sealed power 2380P forgies, I think the comp ht is 1.591???
If so any ideas on how far down the hole in a 360 they will be the block is std deck height rods 6.123,,,,,any ideas appreciated????

Do the math: std block is 9.600, half 360 stroke is 1.79, rod length is 6.123, stated pin height 1.591:

1.79+1.591+6.123=9.504

You're sittin' about .100 in the hole; good for turbo or blower, sorta

With unmilled 360 heads and a .041" compressed thickness gasket (which is the norm) you'll blueprint in the 7s.

Thanks guys, but I'm not sure on the comp ht, was just guessing, been told they are supposed to be same, sealed power, trw & sealed pro? the eddys i have are 63cc, so I'm thinking 6.2 rods? gets closer to deck ht?
:burnout:

Does anybody make a 6.2 rod off the shelf? I bet not for a Chrysler pin. chebbie pin, yeah. Why not run 302 or Magnum heads?

Probably cheaper to get new piston than try to make that rod work plus measure the piston you might be wrong can't see forged piston being made for that low of compression unless there for a blown engine.

Cheaper to get new pistons? A head swap would beat out new pistons by a mile.

I was talking cheaper than longer rods, but with 58cc chambers and thin gasket and stock deck heights you'll get 9.5:1.

He's in Austrailia so there's a big time and cost factor to getting new anything...
vje55 - You can mill the decks downa alittle to help with compression, and you can mill heads too. but you'll still have no valve reliefs to speak of so the cam choice gets limited in terms of performance stuff. If you do want to wait, I'm holding stuff for a friend "down under" and when his stuff is ready to ship I can get your's in there too. He's also been playing with small Mopars for a few years and may have some parts to sell local to you. PM me if you want to use either option...

This is the replacement for the '71 only flat-top piston I believe. Will go easily into the 9:1 range with X/J etc. heads if you deck to 9.58" and use the Mr. Gasket .026" gasket. I have a set of original factory '71 pistons that I've used in 3 different blocks, the original block, a '79 and now a Magnum 5.9 block (using the '71 crank and balance factor). With the Magnum heads, it's in the upper 9's for compression by my calculations. Dead thread, but a search of the 2380P part number lead me here. LOL

This is the replacement for the '71 only flat-top piston I believe. Will go easily into the 9:1 range with X/J etc. heads if you deck to 9.58" and use the Mr. Gasket .026" gasket. I have a set of original factory '71 pistons that I've used in 3 different blocks, the original block, a '79 and now a Magnum 5.9 block (using the '71 crank and balance factor). With the Magnum heads, it's in the upper 9's for compression by my calculations. Dead thread, but a search of the 2380P part number lead me here. LOL
Maybe they didn't sell?

FOR SALE - TRW 2380P .030 pistons

So I'm beginning to notice that I have a habit of visiting old threads.
There is a guy locally that is selling a set of these Pistons, has anyone come across some information or specs related to these?
Is TRW still around or were they swallowed up by a large conglomerate?
I have a 360 Roller with a set of 1974 360 heads from a truck, (I'm assuming as they have the exhaust emissions port humps but they were never ported/drilled?) I'm trying to build a 280HP 360. The deck will be milled and the heads wil be also. I guess I'm looking for 8.75-9.25 CR. Is this possible with these pistons? I've been searching the internet but not a lot of info out there on these. Which gets me back to an earlier question, is TRW still around?

Have a good Friday everyone!

-
Back