360 Con rod bearing quick question

-
This is REAL simple, yall. Install the rod bearings in the rod and torque to spec. Use some wood and clamp the big end in a vise. Then simply take a hand held drill with the right size bit and go right through the oil hole in the rod right through the bearing halves. Then dress the bearing with some 00 steel wool. Been doin it that way over thirty years with narry a problem.

Hyup,
Good Lawd,that's a lotta cam..........I'm a streeter and say "lotta cam", cuz I had a 292/108 that IIRC was [email protected], and IMO it was a terrible street-cam for a stick-car, even with 11.3 Scr, in my 367. I too moved it around to pump up the low-rpm, but I couldn't hardly get it outta there fast enough. It just wasn't for me.
Brian, I know you're a smart man, and I know that you know that 30 years later you don't need that much cam to go that fast at 3000 pounds,loaded. I'm guessing you're after the nostalgia factor, nuthin' wrong with that! I'd love to be 34 again.Heck, I'd like to be back in 1971, at age 18! Ok make that 1975 when I met my ohsocurvy,100#, wife-to-be.

115 is a P/W of 8.2, so you're looking at just 366 horsepower.
and that is a very hot 323, and a moderate 345 and slightly warmed up, hi-Comp367.Or a lazyazz stroker,lol. Paint 'em 273red, and almost nobody will know the difference.
But hey if you do clone that 340/257*, pleeeeease make a little sound clip, and I will try and loop it and play it over and over and over,lol,over and over..............

I think one thing that helped it out was the 350 cfm center carb of the 3x2 set up, it made enough vacuum to run the brake booster and suck fuel from the carbs. I spent some time getting the carbs to work, the end carbs had the brown cams and 37 squirters. I could be idling in first gear and floor it and it would go blowing black smoke out the pipes. Oh yea it had a sirius rumpty rump idle, shake the doors and make my girl friend go crazy. The cam was a MP 572/296/104 or 108 can't remember,
they don't make it any more. I finally got the old 64 dug out, been setting for 25 years. I think I have enough parts to put it together this winter and it will be a street car.

007.JPG

Oh yea not to get off subject I always use the squirt holes in the rods, notch the bearings if you need to.

I think one thing that helped it out was the 350 cfm center carb of the 3x2 set up, it made enough vacuum to run the brake booster and suck fuel from the carbs. I spent some time getting the carbs to work, the end carbs had the brown cams and 37 squirters. I could be idling in first gear and floor it and it would go blowing black smoke out the pipes. Oh yea it had a sirius rumpty rump idle, shake the doors and make my girl friend go crazy. The cam was a MP 572/296/104 or 108 can't remember,
they don't make it any more. I finally got the old 64 dug out, been setting for 25 years. I think I have enough parts to put it together this winter and it will be a street car.

View attachment 1715106100

Oh yea not to get off subject I always use the squirt holes in the rods, notch the bearings if you need to.

Still my favorite body style.

-
Back