360 cost

-

ashton1024

Reaction score
ive been looking around for 360 blocks. What kind of price should i pay for one.?

we could get a 360 from a 84 dodge for $600 up here, it still runs, so i hope that gives you a ball park guess

for just a block myself i wont pay anymore then 50$ for a bare block if you look around you can get the a hole car iv bought them like that any were from 50 to 300 $. if this helps

He'll take $50. As long as it hasn't been bored too much, it would be worth it. I can't seem to find them that cheap here in southern CA.

See how much, if any, it's already been bored. Make sure it's not too heavily rusted. If there's slight surface rust and you're going to bore it anyway, then it's not really a big deal. Some people argue that '74 and earlier blocks were thicker and could be bored more, others disagree. Make sure there's no rust on the bearing surface of the main caps. When & if you get it, have it tanked and magnafluxed to see if there are any cracks that you can't see.

Heavy rust, cracks, gouge marks in the cylinders, crank journales, broken/cracked main caps. I think I'd be good with it from there. It may take alot of machining, but the price is right.

Depending on what you have in mind you can get a complete motor for less than $200 easy. If youre planning to build anyway, might as well get all the parts and brackets too. I'm going down to SC tomorrow for a 71 360 complete for $150. Actually going after j heads but he said i could take the whole motor at the same price.

i picked up a 75 360 block, heads, pistions, rods, cars, timing cover all for 50 so you might be able to find a better deal but i would say that is not a bad price. mine had been outside a lil so it needed bored but was stock and i was gonna bore it anyways so it was cool lol

If you look long enough you an always find a better deal. The last 360 i helped pick up was at the end of a cul-de-sac. Someone had used the back up really fast with the tailgate down approach. The homeowners wanted it gone so we went with a cherry picker and truck. loaded it and hauled butt.

I just got one (*1976 360, 2BL Holly) delivered to my door for 80.00 bucks. Oil pan to carb. It dose need a re build tho.

thanks for the help guys. i plan on doing a 408 stroker for my bcuda. Im 15 and my dad knows nothing about cars, but im very interested in doing this as a career. Does anyone know of colleges that offer courses in automotive restoration?

-
Back