360 Dodge Oil pressure problems. Need Help ASAP!!

-

dodgedart73

Reaction score
1973 Dodge Dart

Newly rebuilt 360. Initial break-in bad motor vibration. After about 20 minutes of break in time - oil pressure dropped from 60 cold to 20 hot. Is this normal??

That's about what my new engine does, I'm not worried about it. Does the pressure increase with RPMs? If so don't worry about it.

This is Normal for small block dodge , unless you are using a high pressure pump ect , my 340 stock runs at 19 psi hot .It only taks 6 psi to put the light out on the dash.

Both you guys assumed the OP was talking about idle oil pressure, which he never stated one way or 't other

What is this "bad vibration" you speak of?

Thanks to everyone for a quick response

OK, so how 'bout some more info from you?

At what RPM (s) are you getting the what you think is "low" oil pressure?

Rule of thumb used to be "10 PSI for every 1000 RPM"

OK, so how 'bout some more info from you?

At what RPM (s) are you getting the what you think is "low" oil pressure?

Rule of thumb used to be "10 PSI for every 1000 RPM"

I am the wife of dodgedart73 - He loves this site but is a terrible typist so I typed the question for him. I am his "secretary" on the computer!! He was mostly concerned about the oil pressure issue and 'mentioned' the vibration as I was typing. Whatever it was - he said they already have the issue fixed this morning with the vibration. Thank you again for all of the responses!

"secretary?"

"secretary!"

HELLOOOOOOOOOO SECRETARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Ask hubby) Did you have the engine balanced when rebuilt?
Was the carb hard to tune in or did it run with a idle circut closed to have the engine run ruff?

Does it still run ruff?

Can you tell us some more details of the oil pressure? At idle, running, cold and ot pressures?

-
Back