360 duster vs 5.7 challenger R/T

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
So ! what can we expect..

1976 duster , 3000 pounds ,radio delete ,heater delete, steel bumpers delete!, some fiberglass body parts.etc !

-360/380 crate engine , 420+ pds of torque
-8 3/4 , with 3.23 suregrip now ( needs 3.91, but i have it !)
-727 , 3 speed , shift kit , 2800-2900 stall
-reinforced body , frame connectors etc
-stock suspensions / monroe shocks
-2.5 dynomax ultraflow mufflers / Hooker headers
-4bbl Holley , 650-700 cfm
-295/60/r15 rear tires ... cuts the gears a bit

people that know more this mecanic said that i would run 12.90s easy with 3.23 and mid 12s with the 3.91 .

VS

2010 challenger r/t classic edition
-manual transmission
-headers
-20 inch wheels / drag radials
-motor tuned ( tuner etc .. aftermarket modules ..)
-150 hp nitro kit (zex)
-centrifugal supercharger intercooled
-5.7 hemi stock
-cold air intake bla bla bla
- supercharger s gonna give him a good 525-550 hp total i believe , but he weights more than 4 100 lbs , driver maybe 200 , my duster is 3000 pds max and i weigh 160 pounds !

said that he runs 13.4isshhhh before the supercharger

SO !!! whats youre thoughts ...who will wins this famous race ! sounds like a stop to stop old school race !

I will bet you will get your *** handed to you, and will be teased at work for several years.
I have a duster and a challenger.......

Sorry man, nice car but I think the supercharged 5.7 with nitrous might get you.

I think you are a little out gunned put on a good nos plate and tune it in and you could turn the table

Without the NOS you might have a slight chance but I still think the S/C'd 5.7 will be there first. Its just not apples to apples, forced induction is in a class all its own unless you have a seroius built engine to run him with. You slip a tire and start to fall behind as you unload and reload the engine but that damned S/C slippin tires will just plain out pull ya, not a fair race as far as I'm concerned.

Without the NOS you might have a slight chance but I still think the S/C'd 5.7 will be there first. Its just not apples to apples, forced induction is in a class all its own unless you have a seroius built engine to run him with. You slip a tire and start to fall behind as you unload and reload the engine but that damned S/C slippin tires will just plain out pull ya, not a fair race as far as I'm concerned.

YUP,
You loose, hope you did not bet your car.

The only way you'll beat that chally IMO is with a 150 shot of nos 3:91 or taller gears and slicks and ALOT of practice. And if he misses a shift that would help also... and as others have said I hope this ain't no "PINKS" race...

Yeah s.c. challenger will win. I went 12.2 with my supercharged(11psi) hemi in a 6000lb cc ram.

no no i didnt bet my car lol ! its because i work in a chrysler dealer , and everybody s talking about our cars .... theyre all comparing us and the owner as a big head too, i respect the fact that a 5.7 hemi is superior to a 360 , but i always thought that a well built a-body with power can be very succesfull , since im almost 1200 pnds less than him too.. but after the messages heres ,,,kinda scares me a bit ! :) , maybe 4.10 with 3 500 stall and a set of ported heads lol ... just kidding !

i think even before the supercharger that the challenger would have beat you.

3.23 gear and converter are killing that 380 crate motor in my opinion.

i have my 3.91 in a bucket , clutch unit waiting to be installed ! and i was thinking about having a 3500 stall next summer

Gears converter and tall tire have to be killing your bottom end. With that tall of tire you need AT LEAST 4:10s and a 3500 - 4000 converter. As others have said, get those things sorted out and a 150 shot of NOS and your back in the game. Good luck!

I agree with the assesments of the Challenger winning this comparison but that Challenger is a landwhale...probably pushing 4,300 with the SC and NOS. Plus, getting off a perfect holeshot with the Challenger is going be pretty tough.

Yeah, based on potential, it should be a blow-out but if Challenger guy wasn't a great driver, it could be reasonably close. It's not hard to imagine that Challenger running mid 12s with some less than stellar driving.

-
Back