360 engines, from aus

-

Pete_Scamp

Reaction score
ive been offered a 360 engine and its aparently an austrailian 360 and is suppose to have thicker cylinder walls???
is this true?
and are there any other difference's?

are they any good??

Never heard that. I would relay on a sonic test to find out. Opinions on that are like...well...you know.

I wasnt aware that 360's were available in Aussie land.Thought the biggest they could get was a 318?

hi there as far as i know all the slant 6, small block,b and rb blocks that came to australia were cast in USA. the engine sizes we got were 225 1 barrel and 2 barrel ,273 2 barrel,318 2 barrel, 340 4 barrel and 360 2 barrel hope this helps. all the best from down under

the E49 engine was upright 6 cylinder with a bore 3.91" and stroke of 3.68" 7 main bearing crank and 265ci made in australia to replace the slant 6 engines from may 1970 there are 3 engine sizes in the hemi 6 , 215ci 245ci and 265ci

if i can get hold of some casting numbers would that help you guys any???

>>ive been offered a 360 engine and its aparently an austrailian 360 and is suppose to have thicker cylinder walls

It would be an early casting as the 360 was only offered in the larger-size "Chrysler by Chrysler" (great name huh?), and these were only around from 1972 to 74 or thereabouts. The early 360s (pre-73) are rumored to have the thicker wall castings but I believe a few members here have not found that to be the case.

Freight on shipping a 360 block would be very expensive any way you did it...and the price on 360 blocks down under is a lot more than you would pay in the US (one of the reasons I stuck with my 318).

Dean.

-
Back