360 LA OR 360 MAGNUM WHICH IS THE BETTER BUILD

-
Not always the case. Sometimes it’s a project motor that never made the project.

there is no way to trust a block sitting on the floor in slightest so if you like a 300$ motor you need to spend 2k to get it right. If it was a good motor it still be in something running good lol .
Ok, you win. :thumbsup: Go Spend!

Not always the case. Sometimes it’s a project motor that never made the project.
And sometimes they took the time to pull it because it was the only thing good on the rust heap the was hauled to the junkyard. Then they say "if I ever get a XXXX, I'll put that engine in it".... but they never buy so the engine sits for 7 years in the corner, until they post it on marketplace. But many engines are still in the vehicle and a person can hear it run.

I picked up one of those roller LA motors. Havent tore into it yet, but Im looking forward to it.

A magnum build would be interesting....but I have two vehicles with LAs, and parts interchangeability is handy. At least for what I'm doing. Magnums may be "better" than LAs as far as design, but there are plenty of high mileage LAs out there, so the design must be pretty good.

The thing(s) that make the Magnum better are small. The heads are really good for an Oe casting coupled with the 1.6 rocker which is good if your going to stuff it with a LA cam and use that extra lift (if the head supports it) & it’s block is very nice. Slightly shorter deck height. Mostly a non issue really.

But the best thing is the one thing most of us throw out and that’s the fuel injection system.

The thing(s) that make the Magnum better are small. The heads are really good for an Oe casting coupled with the 1.6 rocker which is good if your going to stuff it with a LA cam and use that extra lift (if the head supports it) & it’s block is very nice. Slightly shorter deck height. Mostly a non issue really.

But the best thing is the one thing most of us throw out and that’s the fuel injection system.

what the heck is a fuel injection system.

Make mine in LA you can keep your hydraulic roller it's a good setup for moderate RPMs but a shaft rocker and solid flat tap will scream right past it at high RPMs.

what the heck is a fuel injection system.
:rofl:

Make mine in LA you can keep your hydraulic roller it's a good setup for moderate RPMs but a shaft rocker and solid flat tap will scream right past it at high RPMs.
Speaking of which, I’d like to know if anyone knows what Hyd. roller lifters weigh? How has light weight ones?

-
Back