360 la

-

Burnnin Charlies

Reaction score
Im dropping a 360 la motor with 727 tourqeflite tranny 3 speed . Any one got Install pics of alternator mounts and tension pully mounts I'm running no ac no power steering. Just a fan the alternator a water pump and I assume a tension pully. I'm new to the motor swaps , so any tips or links would be awesome thanks yall with long tube this headers. Seriously guys never done a full motor swap or resto . 100% fresh on this Mopar scene as well. Don't be afraid to set me up for success.
Thank yall
20220125_220503.jpg

Last edited:
What is that engine out of? A van or something? The dipstick tube is as long as hell!! The thermostat housing is tall as hell as well...?
Welcome to The Forum..

Eric, looks like you're doin ok to me. What specifically are you havin trouble with?

This is an OEM complete non-air alternator bracket for a small block Mopar with the aluminum water pump.

360 alternator bracket.jpg

The dipstick and tube you have will work, but the shorter A body one would look better. https://www.usrpc.com/product/chrysler-318-340-360-oem-style-engine-oil-dipstick-tube-chrome/

Same for the thermostat housing. For this, not chrome as the ones available today all leak.

Without A/C or power steering, you only need single pulleys. But the multiple ones will work.

What is that engine out of? A van or something? The dipstick tube is as long as hell!! The thermostat housing is tall as hell as well...?
Welcome to The Forum..
Yea it can out a old dodge van . Plan on switching it out for a shorter stick . I want to make sure Im doing is right I looked for pics online online and I keep finding aftearket parts. We ate going stock body and looking motor but Trinaake 44hp out the 360 im told its very capable of that power with aftermarket interior motor parts. I'm just wanting to make sure I get the brackets right. I came into the car in pieces no motor no interior and a handful of loose bolts n nuts and also boxes of trim parts interior and motor parts . It's a sure thing g **** show bit she gonna purr when it's done thank guys

Last edited:
my car has power steering.. only difference is the crank pulley has an extra groove for the power steering pump. other then that the crank, alt and water pump belt routing is correct for your application..

DSC02500.JPG

DSC02497.JPG

DSC02498.JPG

DSC02499.JPG

What car? You have a passenger side water pump inlet. You need radiator to match or a driver side inlet. Do you have an alternator yet?

So this is a pre 67 A body? That water pump won’t work easily with the stock radiator.

First if you could reread what you write and make sure it makes sense.. either you're doing voice command like I am and not re-correcting and rereading or you're not checking your autocorrect or something cuz it's coming out semi-gurgle I know you're not looking for 44 HP...
Second lots of these parts people have here in the parts for sale section. You could even try a wanted ad and get a lot of the parts that you need at a good price..
This used to be 18 bucks but everything's going up..
Screenshot_20220312-063802.png

Honestly, I'm glad those above deciphered what you needed and can help with the question because I didn't understand. Torqueflite teanny alternator mou , water pump tension pulls new to the motor, ........ I'd say the first thing to set you up for success is to proof read before posting... LOL :poke:

Honestly, I'm glad those above deciphered what you needed and can help with the question because I didn't understand. Torqueflite teanny alternator mou , water pump tension pulls new to the motor, ........ I'd say the first thing to set you up for success is to proof read before posting... LOL :poke:
Get off your phone! LOL

It's my computer! Are you saying get off the forum?...
(And I voice commanded that like everything...)
You have to be pretty drunk or stoned out of your minds to type gobble-d-gook like comes from most voice to text posts. Just sayin'

You have to be pretty drunk or stoned out of your minds to type gobble-d-gook like comes from most voice to text posts. Just sayin'
i thought the guy was from Russia or something, trying to type English... Nope! NC LOL :D

I try to proofread... A lot of times I'll post it then go back and proofread it and go oh my goodness and start correcting it so it's better... read mind after a while sometimes I'll come back and take care of it... This seems to be coming out pretty clear..

-
Back