360 magnum rocker question

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
if I replace the stock tappet rocker arms with roller rocker arms will I need to change the valve covers and get new push rods.. I'm going to keep the same ratio of 1.6

I had to, good luck finding a set that will fit. The oil baffles are the problem, I had to beat them into submission.

WP_20150727_16_46_53_Pro__highres.jpg
I used Chevy roller rockers, I'm trying to load a pic.

Did that require drilling the mounting holes larger?

Comp cams offers a conversion kit to add magnum heads to an LA engine. These are rollers but are stamped instead if billet. I believe it is part number 1426 kit. Not sure if they clear or not I will check tomorrow and get a picture too

Did that require drilling the mounting holes larger?
Yes on my setup, but you can get those rockers in the magnum stem size too. I had mine drilled for 7/16th studs. The valve springs are 120 on the seat and 320 open. The machinist thought it was a good idea. I'm ironing out the bugs now but I'm impressed with the power and broad torque curve. One more thing you can't see. I used guide plates, I tried the self aligning rockers and they came too close to the retainers for my liking.

thanks.. where does the guide plate go?
The studs have a flange on the bottom. They are sandwiched between that flange and the head. You place the guide plate on the rocker tower, then screw in the studs thru the guide plate into the tower. Some alignment is necessary to center the roller on the valve stem.

I could not use stock magnum covers with my roller rockers, but I had a set of mopar performance LA ones, they clear fine, just use 5 bolts instead of 10.

-
Back