360 oil pan

-
Reaction score
The 360 I plan on dropping in my '72 Scamp is from a van and has a rear sump. What pan do I need on this engine? I've seen pans with the sump all the way up front, and some that were more in the middle. The car was originally a 318 if that matters.

heres a bargain for a stock pan

W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563a107090QQitemZ370341343376QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I like the kevco because it doesn't have any clearance issues with the k-member, tucks up nicely so it doesn't drag, has a built in crank scraper and trap door baffles so your oil stays where it belongs. You will need one of the LA main bearing bolts with the stud for the windage tray to mount it properly though. that was the only pain I found.

just stud the bottom end

W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem58863b1d37QQitemZ380209143095QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Damn! You guys are fast around here! Thanks fishy.

YOur welcome scampi

I like the kevco because it doesn't have any clearance issues with the k-member, tucks up nicely so it doesn't drag, has a built in crank scraper and trap door baffles so your oil stays where it belongs. You will need one of the LA main bearing bolts with the stud for the windage tray to mount it properly though. that was the only pain I found.

I just bought a Kevco for my 408 I'm doing. Don't have the engine done yet so I haven't even mocked up the pan. What are your referring to when you say you need a LA main bolt with a stud to mount it? What does the main bolts have to do with the oil pan? Thanks, Tracy

YOur welcome scampi

I just bought a Kevco for my 408 I'm doing. Don't have the engine done yet so I haven't even mocked up the pan. What are your referring to when you say you need a LA main bolt with a stud to mount it? What does the main bolts have to do with the oil pan? Thanks, Tracy

The main bolt is one of the things that hold the windage tray on. The only thing in some cases.

YOur welcome scampi

The main bolt (or stud in this case) is one of the things that hold the windage tray on. The only thing in some cases. You need the stud to space it right.

The main bolt (or stud in this case) is one of the things that hold the windage tray on. The only thing in some cases. You need the stud to space it right.

Yeah I understand that. That's a no brainer. The way it reads Hearold says you need it to mount the oil pan. Maybe I'm reading it wrong??

Yeah I understand that. That's a no brainer. The way it reads Hearold says you need it to mount the oil pan. Maybe I'm reading it wrong??

Hmm... Maybe he is? I wouldn't know then... I am as confused as you are now! haha!

no, the stud he spoke of is part of the stock head bolt on engines with a stock windage tray. Main studs can be used instead or you have to get the stock style bolts.

no, the stud he spoke of is part of the stock head bolt on engines with a stock windage tray. Main studs can be used instead or you have to get the stock style bolts.

Ok. Your talking about mounting a windage tray. Since the original post was about the pan that's where I got confused.

windage tray-crank scraper same same....LOL
ya have to attach it to the cap stud LOL:cheers:

Oil pickup sticks out of the pump. Not a bad thing to torque it in to where it needs to be and then tack weld the pickup to the pump. I've also seen a custom job where they cap off the stock location and have a half inch pickup coming out of the face of the pump!

Quote lhearold
"I like the kevco because it doesn't have any clearance issues with the k-member, tucks up nicely so it doesn't drag, has a built in crank scraper and trap door baffles so your oil stays where it belongs. You will need one of the LA main bearing bolts with the stud for the windage tray to mount it properly though. that was the only pain I found."

-
Back