360 out of an ambulance

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
I have a 360 out of an ambulance and i am trying to get it ready to drop in my dart sport! i did run across a problem though! i need a oil pickup for the stock deep pan on this 360 can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find the right oil pickup? or even better does anyone have a part number? also the sump is pretty close to the front of the engine will this work in an a body?

"stock deep pan"

is it a stock pan or a deep sump pan...since it is going it a car..it has to be a center sump pan...

how deep is the sump?

if it is a deep sump pan...go to summit racing and order one...

it is a pan out of a 77 ambulance and it looks like a front sump but the guy who had it before me had it in a car. maybe i should just forget that pan and just get a deep sump from summit!

You'll need a center sump pan. This is noted by a slight area at the rear of the pan that runs the horizan, along with the pans rail, wheres a rear pan is staight down from the oil seal.

I have never heard of a stock deep pan, but how knows what they did for such rides?

You'll need a measuring tape and find out how deep the stock one is. Then go for one that isn't so deep. I forget who make the shorter one, but I would wait for the been there done that with oil pans.

will you be useing the transmission also or did you already have something?

Better get all your parts together to put a std. trans. behind that 360

-
Back