360 procharged

-

Ori

Reaction score
Hi all! I got a screaming deal on a complete procharger setup with water injection and a free aeromotive a1000 fuel pump and regulator. Originally, I was going to do a turbo setup but because of fabrication and the deal on this procharger I couldn't pass it up. I have a question- my 360 has forged pistons but arp bolts in the stock rods and mains. My head gaskets are mls but 0.090 thick, how much boost would you say I could get away with and be safe? I will be running 91 octane. This setup should be nice considering my last time out I went 13.7@98mph in 8600 D/A. Hope to be in the 12s on low boost :)
cd2faddf.jpg

I have no clue what your static cr is,so I'll be safe and say no more than 8 psi.

Sorry, my compression is 9.4 right now. It runs easily on puke 85 octane gas. But once the procharger goes on i will run 91.

I'm jealous.Email procharger about it.Might check out Snow performance for alcohol injection,you can run more boost due to the cooling charge of the alcohol.

Totally recommend the alky inj! I use a poor mans version on my stock vehicles and it help's them run better,start faster,get better gas mileage and they have more power!

Really good idea with boost as it also really helps with detonation,which I didnt mention above. All my pinging in my stock vehicles disappeared! Now I say stock as that's all I have right now,but you will be sure I will add alky inj to my Dart as well!

The procharger is on the car. I havent ran it yet with it because I need to install the boost referenced fuel regulator. I ran it for a few minutes without the intake tube on the carb to make sure there wasnt any coolant leaks and what not. I loveeeee the sound that it makes! Sure makes the car sound nasty now! Here are a few pictures of how it is installed. Only going to push it 4-5psi of boost for now.
01661212.jpg

34673e05.jpg

I'll bet you could easily run 10 psi,and crank it even more for the track. Tough to say where your weak point lies. Most likely you will eventually bend those stock rods. The cast crank is quite a strong one,I'd say it's fairly safe to run 10 psi on it. Heck,it might take 15,you never know...

You might consider studding the head's,if you havent already. Maybe even o ringing?

One thing for sure. Your gonna have a LOT of FUN!

What's a deal?????? Looking at purchasing one ,What did you get the whole set-up for$$$$$$$$ Thanks Steve

call Bob at thesuperchargerstore 520-456-9706.
we are going to dyno my small block with my f1 in 2wks.
contect me after 7/25/2012 and i will tell you how she did

Attachments

• from my phone 079.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 649
  • from my phone 096.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 580
  • from my phone 082.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 574
  • from my phone 086.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 553
  • from my phone 040.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 661
  • from my phone 108.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 572
  • from my phone 114.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 559
If that's a P1SC unit with the pulley procharger sends out with it,look for around 8 to 10 Lbs. of boost with stock heads on a 360, less with better heads.

oh my god the mopar small block looks soo sexy with a procharger!!! wow....i WANT one!!! time to save. i think it would compliment my already powerful smallblock stroker (530 HP, NA.)

-
Back