360 Progress....pics.

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my 360,340 re-creation.You see that is the new word....Re-Creation.LOL

Anyways got my 340 mounts on I had been looking for,thanks to a FABO member,thanks Ken !!!!!.
The fuel line is nylon braided,with a couple an fittings,3/8" all the way from the tank to the carb..Should flow real well.Wix fuel/oil filters.

The motor is pretty much done,and just waiting on the car (70 Dart) to get painted.Not sure when that is going to happen,but hopefully in the not to distant future. Anyway,there you go......

John

Picture 665.jpg

Picture 666.jpg

Looks good John. Is that Push lock hose or does it use regular an fittings.

Looks good John. Is that Push lock hose or does it use regular an fittings.

Thanks Adam.
The hose is push lock.Tough getting the stuff on,but once it is on,it is on.For the filter I am using regular spring clamps,and a Wix filter.Much cheaper than the $40.00 an filter,and a snap to change..The fuel line is the only part that doesnt look factory,but it will flow way better.

Hey looks really nice! I'm about to upgrade my OEM fuel pump to a Carter and want to do my lines like yours. Did you use Russel Pro Classic hose? It looks like it...if not, what did you use for the black hose and fuel line? What fuel pump are you running too? Thanks for the info...

Nice job!

dude. that is very clean. looks like a 340 dart swinger has been created! are you painting the engine bay the original body color?

dude. that is very clean. looks like a 340 dart swinger has been created! are you painting the engine bay the original body color?

Thanks !!!!!
The engine bay will be painted the color of the car,unlike the first Mopar I built.You learn these things as you go.

Looks great!

What kind of paint did you use and did all 340's have the filter adapter?

Hey looks really nice! I'm about to upgrade my OEM fuel pump to a Carter and want to do my lines like yours. Did you use Russel Pro Classic hose? It looks like it...if not, what did you use for the black hose and fuel line? What fuel pump are you running too? Thanks for the info...

Nice job!

The fuel pump is a Carter.I got it in a box full of new parts with my motor.
Whether you go Holley or Carter make sure it has a 3/8" npt inlet/outlet.Some come with a 1/4" npt.Bigger is better.

Not sure of the brand of the nylon rapped hose.But it is push lock hose.
Actually got it from a local high performance boat shop,(Teague boats)
The selection of fittings,and hoses is unbelieveable.The guy took me on a tour of the parts area wow.I found my new spot.

Looks great!

What kind of paint did you use and did all 340's have the filter adapter?

Paint: Mopar Performance Street Hemi Orange. P4349216

Looking in my service manual the 340 came with the adapter and the 318 did not,however my 318 had one.Someone could have put one on after,not sure.

Spray bomb can? If so, once again, it came out nice! Thanks again for all the fuel pump/line help too!

-
Back