360 question?

-

swingit

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to the forums and I just received a complete engine from carolina machine engines. It's a small block 360 350 horsepower engine. It peak dynoed at 384 hp and 435 torque....they told me to run a quick fuel 780 cfm carb but I was thinking that that might be a little much for a daily driver. I was thinking like a 650 cfm edelbrock....it is going in a 72 dodge dart swinger. Any input is appreciated...if I posted this in the wrong category I'm sorry haha.

I have always wondered about Carolina Engines and how their quality was and how they actually ran. I haven't heard anything bad about them but I look at their ad in Mopar Muscle and wonder. I'll be following this thread for the outcome.

I think your on track with the 650 Thunder series. Might not make the peak hp number they are talking about, but the torque in the driver range should be very strong.

I have always wondered about Carolina Engines and how their quality was and how they actually ran. I haven't heard anything bad about them but I look at their ad in Mopar Muscle and wonder. I'll be following this thread for the outcome.

their customer service is outstanding...they answered every question I had...shipping was cheap and to my doorstep...I'll keep you guys posted on how it runs

its the best i can do right now but ill get a better 1

Attachments

• 0402131021.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 552
Damn, I didn't have my glasses on when I first tried to look at the picture. Now i do and it's still blurry. Maybe to much chrome? LOL

I like the summit 750 vacuum secondary carb. For the price, one of the best carbs Ive used.

I'd skip the Edelbrock carb. Decent for a stock type cruiser but you want to take adv of that motor. Don't skimp. I'd go with a Quickfuel 680 vac secondaries. That's just my opinion. Def stick with vac secondaries if your street cruising. Leave the mech double pumpers to the racers. On the cheap(er) you could always go the 3310 Holley 750 or Summit 750 as mentioned above. both good choices. Any carb you pick will require tuning to be razor sharp. The devil is always in the details. There's no perfect bolt on! I'd suggest welding in an O2 bung before stabbing that sucker in and getting a wideband setup. They aren't too expensive now and you will have that thing razor sharp with the best mileage to boot! Keep us posted!

I've actually been looking at a street demon carb...like the 625 cfm one. its supposed to be similar to the carter thermoquad and thats the carb my dad ran on his 70 dart swinger

yea...not quite sure what the cfm actually is, seems the demon site lists it as a 750..but no price yet.

i'm thinking of buying one but would like to hear some testimonials first

its the best i can do right now but ill get a better 1

DANG!! And I thought I had shaky hands :tard:

As for the carb, the Eddy thunder 650 is a good carb but I think at that power level your better off with a 750-780 cfm. Like the others said use a vacuum secondary if you want seamless street performance that's easy to tune.

650 work fine but your just gonna want a 750 in a week so save 250.00 and get it now

letter BREATHE

bump...here's the deal...Ihave a thermoquad at home but needs rebuilding...360 cubic inches * max rpm 5200 = 1872000/3456= 541.666667 cfm....found that off a website. So I'd assume I'd run like a 60 or 625 cfm....I got a loan today and I'm ordering all my parts 2nite...so lmk what u guys think...get a rebuild for the thermoquad or try the 625 or 725 speed demon?

rebuild the thermoquad....not alot of reviews on the larger street demon, but i'd like to see you by one to give me first hand info

good luck with the build

-
Back