360 sb la ?

-

Burnnin Charlies

Reaction score
I believe inhale a 360 la small I am looking for the water neck and I believe the regular 360 not the la , but the water necks are same size but the 360 la water neck us smaller than the 318 and regular 360 v8. Can I get a part number for the water neck . I hate getting wrong parts. Sadly I just did

360 LA ('71-'92) IS "the regular 360". The 5.9 Magnum ('93-'01) is also an evolution of the 360.
What year is your 360? The 318 and 360 both take the same thermostat housing. Sometime around '78 they both switched to a smaller diameter, offset t-stat housing (it's SBC sized, as is the Magnum).
Some aftermarket manifolds also take the smaller offset housing.
A picture of what you're dealing with would go a long way towards figuring out the issue.

Year make model. If you are working on a 5.9 Magnum please call it that. Yes, a 5.9 is 360, but it is not a 360. It is a Magnum 5.9.

As others said they changed the neck size at some point. What intake do you have? Someone may have swapped intake manifolds, and some aftermarket manifolds are drilled for both neck sizes

Example of an Edelbrock, drilled for both

002176_v1_2.jpg

Spell check my man, spell check…
And proofread before and after hitting that post button. I had to go to settings on my android phone and turn off "predictive text". Even the spell checker may not understand which word I intend to use. I have typed in a post on my phone and then read over it and I am surprised that it makes no sense. Then I have to hit that edit button.

It's got a single set of holes for the smaller water neck thermostat the other motor that is in the shop I'm at is a 3 18 and has the Edelbrock with the two drilled set holes for the smaller and larger water neck I just need the size of the smaller water neck please and thank you

-
Back