360 Street/Strip Cam?

-
3000 pound car takes 400 hp to run 118 mph. ET is all about how you get that 400 hp to the ground

It’s math. Any online calculator will show you that. Lots of 500 hp 12 second cars out there lol
I had a bad experience with a calculator once. LOL
The burden of proof is on the defendant.

It’s math. Any online calculator will show you that. Lots of 500 hp 12 second cars out there lol
And this is in a sense why I posted what I did and left the giggling smiley face.

IF! You would do me (and the readers) the favor of finding the calculator…..

Thanks

I agree. But that’s a calculator for you. Also a reason why I don’t live and die by the calculator. Some guys do. It bothers me that some of these ***’s then proceed to ridicule and pick you apart with “The Math” of the calculator.

For most of us, it don’t mean squat. Now if I was racing for the money…. Campaigning a car and crew I have to pay…. Yea! Things change and the goal is to do better than the calculator. And that’s been done!

385 HP
That's in a perfect world
No losses for driveline inefficiencies', tires, weather and most important the Driver.
Sorry, I just dont see it happening.

I agree. But that is the math. You’d be surprised how close you can get to that number if you work at it. That means good tires, a converter that is at least close, some rear suspension that can be tuned (that rules out SuperStock springs and pinion snubbers) and double adjustable shocks. With that you can get very close to optimal. Of course, you have to be reasonable. You can’t drop 850 hp into a stock chassis and expect it to run what the math says it should. It may get close on MPH (maybe) but the ET will never get close. That’s why looking at MPH and not ET for hp is what you do. Something running 105 mph should be close to a 12.50. If you run 105 and a 12 flat you have hp issues. If you run 105 and a 13.20 you have bite issues. That’s why the numbers matter. You have to have a baseline reference of weight and hp to start with and tune from there.

385 HP
That's in a perfect world
No losses for driveline inefficiencies', tires, weather and most important the Driver.
Sorry, I just dont see it happening.
Exactly the reason I chuckle when I see people building potent strokers for the street.
Build a safe and efficient chassis and build from there for street or strip.

-
Back