360 trouble. please help

-
I unbokted both headers and im just leaving them in. I need a cheap rebuild option and opinions. Build this 360 again or just leave the car off the road and build a 408 out of it. Block is punched 10thousandths. I also have a 340 thats around 390hp i could buy around july. It has 9.5 compression, forged rotating assembly, mopar purple cam i think. He also has a set of brand new aluminum heads that need to be milled to clear the dome pistons. Throwing in a set of hooker headers for $4k. What do u guys think?

You need to research prices and see what's the most viable option for you. Obviously building a stroker is more expensive. If you have the green that's fine as the extra torque they produce sure is nice on the street. Kinda like having a mild big block in a small block package.

As for the 340, if he has receipts to prove everything is what he says it is ok. No receipts and I wouldn't touch it for half that money. And saying it has a Mopar "purple cam" means absolutely nothing at all cause there are about 20 Mopar purple shafts.

I took my 360 punched it out 0.040 and used kb 107 with rebuilt iron heads with 2.02 1.60 valves ported and polished. My crank is a scat 4" stroke and stock rodsI used a comp thumpr cam 279/296 with a Holley strip dominator high rise intake with a 660 street avenger carb I bought a Chevy style HEI distributor off eBay actually all parts were off eBay, everything shipped was around 2500$ CAD and the machining was 400$. I dyno this combo 458 hp at 5400rpm and 489 ft lbs torque at 3800 rpm great combo with he right fuel compression and timing

Either you haven't actually tried assembling this engine or you are using a different KB piston because KB107's are made for a 3.58 stroke crank. You try to use them with a 4" stroker crank and they'll be sticking out of the block about 1/4". You wouldn't even be able to bolt an open chambered head on that thing if you had a .060" thick head gasket.

Aren't the skirts shorter on stroker pistons also? $2500 CDN is about $2000 USD which would make for the cheapest stroker build EVER?!? If you make it work, everyone will be copying your build.

Yah that build sounds amazing. Sign me up. Im thinking about just tearing the motor down and detecting what went wrong. Replace worn out parts with stock or a little better and just get back on the road asap. Anyone try rebuild kits from rockauto.com? I know its not quality but all i need is a few months of weekend cruising while i build my HP motor

Yah that build sounds amazing. Sign me up. Im thinking about just tearing the motor down and detecting what went wrong. Replace worn out parts with stock or a little better and just get back on the road asap. Anyone try rebuild kits from rockauto.com? I know its not quality but all i need is a few months of weekend cruising while i build my HP motor

Look at mancini. They have "refresh kits" from a to d.

A & B are just main & rod bearings, gaskets, and rings (Kit A has cast rings, Kit B has moly for $5 more)...

Then Kit C has main & rod bearings, gaskets, rings, cast pistons, oil galley & freeze plugs, oil pump.

Kit D is the same, but with forged pistons...

All kits available in Sealed Power or Clevite 77 parts. A good starting point...

http://www.manciniracing.com/enrebkit.html

I haven't used any of Rockauto's rebuild kits but I have bought numerous parts from them over the past 3 to 4 yrs. and got good stuff all but one time (set of struts).

That's most likely a stock cam from RPM since it says nothing at all about it. The .420/.443 is a mild street camshaft that should give you an improvement over stock but not real high performance and radical. You might just be able to hear it at idle

-
Back