360 with 450hp

-

Reaction score
i have a 71 360 block and a set of eddy heads. i would like to get 450hp firm and use the stock crank. i need it to be somewhat street friendly but i have manual brakes so vacuum isn't an issue. i would also like to go with a hydraulic cam if possible. right now i'm running a 3000 stall and 3.73 gears.
what am i going to have to do?

I am basicly building the same engine right now. It will be a zero deck 360 with the stock crank and rods. I have the same horsepower goal, but I am using a set of ported J heads that I plan on flowing 250ish on the intake @ .50

The pistons that I am using are a KB107, cam package is a hydraulic flat tappet Comp XE275HL. I will be using comp cams recommended lifters and springs. I have been told this combo with a good intake should be around 440 hp and 480 lb tq.

i like that link its got alot of different ways to go for a 360 build

LOL, and people sneer at the 284/.484 MP cam. lol!

Break out your dyno slips big mouth!

You don't need a happy dyno for those numbers and it's not hard to do from a 360, either. All you need is smart parts choices and proper machine work and assembly. It's really that simple.

Break out your dyno slips big mouth!

Unfortunately,no dyno numbers for the 360 but comp cam quest something a lot of guys use came up with 406 h.p. for my combo which is more then that so-called 460 h.p. combo that why i say its "bull" but you believe what you want..i also ran that .484/.484 in one of my 340's years ago(nothing to write home about) much much better cams out there..

bigdemo1 has good advice with the web page he lists. I used a nice combo of selection six and seven. Mine is 450 HP and I like it.

Unfortunately,no dyno numbers for the 360 but comp cam quest something a lot of guys use came up with 406 h.p. for my combo which is more then that so-called 460 h.p. combo that why i say its "bull" but you believe what you want..i also ran that .484/.484 in one of my 340's years ago(nothing to write home about) much much better cams out there..

Cam quest seems very optomistic to me based on my experience with it. I agree on not reaching that hp with that cam. . . without spray

Camquest works pretty good IF you have good inputs.

Just like any computer program. garbage in, garbage out.

Mopar Muscle built a 360 with an Air Gap, Eddy RPM heads, .238/.246 Comp Hyd. Roller cam,10:1 comp., TTI headers, 750 carb and it made 450hp/450torque. All with untouched parts.

Camquest works pretty good IF you have good inputs.

Just like any computer program. garbage in, garbage out.

not sure about that,nomather how exakt input i put in there i get some ridiculus numbers from camquest about the power my poor 340 is suposed to be capable of making...

I know a lot of people slam the Desktop Dyno, but I like it. I have Desktop Dyno 2000 and the CamQuest. The Desktop Dyno is a bit more conservative, plus if you know ALL of your engine's varaibles, such as complete cylinder head flow numbers, you can get extremely close.

:toothy10::toothy10:..Oh please 460 h.p. with 9.5 to 1 comp. iron heads flowing 260 and a .484 cam..LOL...thats one happy dyno...

I have to agree...something really not right there...1.3 hp per is way out of line for that cam...

LOL, and people sneer at the 284/.484 MP cam. lol!

Those cams work, sorry gearhead roller guys. They work good, especially after 1984. Small spring upgrade, no large $, or maintainence. chebby killer, and left a 429 Mustang so far back, he gave up halfway.
Maybe some one can help here; helping a bud on a 69 Charger, rotissorie next week. But putting in his head, order parts ahead. He has a 440 H 915 HP, that we have to take apart, I helped his brother buy this engine in the 70's, never been run by us.Supposed to be out of GA cop car, 35,000 miles. Have him talked into the medium purple (specs at his house). Sound OK?
He just want's lump, drive on street, 0 to 90 fast, then let off. 3.55 suregrip. 11" wide, 27" tall tires.

Those cams work, sorry gearhead roller guys. They work good, especially after 1984. Small spring upgrade, no large $, or maintainence. chebby killer, and left a 429 Mustang so far back, he gave up halfway.
Maybe some one can help here; helping a bud on a 69 Charger, rotissorie next week. But putting in his head, order parts ahead. He has a 440 H 915 HP, that we have to take apart, I helped his brother buy this engine in the 70's, never been run by us.Supposed to be out of GA cop car, 35,000 miles. Have him talked into the medium purple (specs at his house). Sound OK?
He just want's lump, drive on street, 0 to 90 fast, then let off. 3.55 suregrip. 11" wide, 27" tall tires.

I've seen cases where the 284/484 cam worked good and other cases where it didn't. It's all in the combo.

For your question, shouldn't you just start a new thread since it has nothing to do with this one? Get's real confusing when there is more than one question. When a guy answers how do you know who he's answering? Just sayin

The heads flowed 260.
If you double the cfm,the cylinder heads should be able to support 520 horse power.
If you look at the torque,it's higher then then the horse.
That is a great street engine.

-
Back