360 with rhs heads

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
So i'm reading a lot of posts on stroker motors with rhs/indy heads but can't seem to find much on non stroked 360's. Just looking to see what kind of power numbers are being made.

yeah...have seen them mostly on strokers....maybe someone will pop up with some info

It would be an awesome head for a non-stroked 360. Better flow than any common Mopar head, better combustion chamber, smaller valve stems, yada yada.

So i'm reading a lot of posts on stroker motors with rhs/indy heads but can't seem to find much on non stroked 360's. Just looking to see what kind of power numbers are being made.
Heres an article from Mopoar muscle engine challenge they got 418 hp with these heads on a 360 , hope this helps, your right though most of the engines with these heads are strokers, on the RHS website they claim they will work on 318 on up.
http://moparmuscle.automotive.com/1...uscle-engine-challenge-contestants/index.html

I bet they'd really wake up a stock 318. The compression bump would make for some shockingly decent horsepower, and allow the use of better cams and good intakes.

I've been thinking about that since those heads came out...

I bet they'd really wake up a stock 318. The compression bump would make for some shockingly decent horsepower, and allow the use of better cams and good intakes.

I've been thinking about that since those heads came out...

Magnum 318's run pretty good! Same basic deal...

I have a stock bottom end 318, with the RHS heads I got from Brian at IMM. I put edelbrock performer RPM manifold and the RPM cam and lifter set in it as well, with hughes 1.5 roller rockers. I will keep you updated on how it will run once I install the engine into my car in the next coming weeks. :)

Anyone bolt a set of stock exhaust manifolds up to them ? I know stock magnum heads and iron manifolds is a no go.

What you wanna know? I have them and about to have them ported and have 2.02 valves added to them by brian. I got them from MRL and he charged the same price as brian but with 1.92 valves :/ Plus shipping from him cost more.

It's crazy that no one seems to run these on plain old 360's

I have a stock bottom end 318, with the RHS heads I got from Brian at IMM. I put edelbrock performer RPM manifold and the RPM cam and lifter set in it as well, with hughes 1.5 roller rockers. I will keep you updated on how it will run once I install the engine into my car in the next coming weeks. :)

Can't wait to see that. I bet you feel the say way! LOL

Can't wait to see that. I bet you feel the say way! LOL

Hell yea I can't wait! Before I pulled the motor, it had small valve 360 heads on it, with an iron 4 bbl manifold, and an old engle cam, with rusted, bent up hooker headers, and before I pulled it, it ran like a raped ape and revved to the moon! Now I can't even imagine how this little 318 will perform. :) Here's a pic I took 5 minutes ago with dougs headers. :)

9k5c2a.jpg

sorry burntorange, i just meant motors that are finished with dyno #'s

-
Back