383 crank swap?

-

'teen machine

Reaction score
I have 2 383s, one is a seized '69 2 barrel and the other is a '67 magnum 4 barrel with a blue crank. Can I use the '69 2 barrel crank (working on getting it un-seized) in the '67 magnum block?

I have 2 383s, one is a seized '69 2 barrel and the other is a '67 magnum 4 barrel with a blue crank. Can I use the '69 2 barrel crank (working on getting it un-seized) in the '67 magnum block?
yah u can try soakin the cylinders with some magic marvel mystery oil.it will unseized it.u can put the 69 crank in the 67.u should take the 69 crank the machine shop to get it check out.

sure you can. i just put a 66 383 crank in a 400. a blue crank? better check the rods too.

You can, BUT... You will want to make sure the journals are the same size, and if possible, I'd have a machine shop check it and measure it for you.

soak it with diesel fuel it will come loose..mike:blob:

The cranks are the same, unless one has been finish drilled/reamed for a pilot bushing..........

No such thing as a 67 383 Magnum

It was built in October '67 so I guess it'd be a '68.

As for the blue crank, the previous owner turned a main bearing and a piece of the shim-stock he used blocked the oil passage on that main journal.:eek:ops:

-
Back