383 Stock Stroke Build

-
Been reading up, sure seems like the Performer RPM fits the bill well for intake manifold

The rpm is the best bet for mild to just under wild. All the torque of a dual plane and it isn't missing anything on the top end.

The MoPar M1 is an excellent part BUT does respond better with the carb pad modified for a Holley and use with a Holley.
There intake is designed for Super Stock where the OE carb must be used and for grass roots guys with little money to rub on parts.
The TQ is an excellent dual purpose carb. Finding the right one in good shape is the current challenge.
Carter Thermoquads ~ 'More General Information'

Last edited:
Parts are finally on the way, starting to receive tracking numbers! WOOWOO!

Corpus Christi, I grew up in Abilene. My dad was stationed at Dyess AFB from 85-92. I would love go go back and visit. We lived on North Willis.

Really?? That's where I spent the first 17 years of my career. (96-13) I'm anticipating and hoping for a position there post-AF. I retire effective 1 Feb. I lived closer to the base--off Texas Ave...still have a house there, going to sell it as soon as I find a more permanent house (pending future employment)

What did your Dad do?

Really?? That's where I spent the first 17 years of my career. (96-13) I'm anticipating and hoping for a position there post-AF. I retire effective 1 Feb. I lived closer to the base--off Texas Ave...still have a house there, going to sell it as soon as I find a more permanent house (pending future employment)

What did your Dad do?
Air Crew Life Support. I remember his shop being fairly close to the Lemon Lot. We bought a Honda 200X three-wheeler there and rode around Lake Fort Phantom quite a bit. Dad bought a 1970 Dart 4dr, booger green with a slant 6 on base. We didn't have the money to fix it though, it would have been a neat car to hold onto. Dad was only an E3 at that time.

Awesome-Yeah that's where life support, or what used to be called survival shop, was located. They've relocated a couple times since then, I believe. When I left in '13, the AFE guys were actually in the building with the operators...that could've changed though. Get a new regime in and someone has to change stuff just for the sake of change.

Fort Phantom is UP since all the rain that's fallen across the state in the past couple years. There's still a handful of Mopars around the area, but most of them are at FM600...rotting...:(

Awesome-Yeah that's where life support, or what used to be called survival shop, was located. They've relocated a couple times since then, I believe. When I left in '13, the AFE guys were actually in the building with the operators...that could've changed though. Get a new regime in and someone has to change stuff just for the sake of change.

Fort Phantom is UP since all the rain that's fallen across the state in the past couple years. There's still a handful of Mopars around the area, but most of them are at FM600...rotting...:(
I forgot about the junkyard at FM600, I would love to walk around there again. We went there several times. Wow, just looked on google earth, that place is HUGE. I would like to road trip over there for old times sake.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...db20c88ba31b684!8m2!3d32.581339!4d-99.7100118

yea passenger inlet driver outlet, also the trans cooler lines fit absolutely perfect.
I got them from right stuff detailing if you need a part number I can look it up

yea passenger inlet driver outlet, also the trans cooler lines fit absolutely perfect.
I got them from right stuff detailing if you need a part number I can look it up

Been injured from an accident at work. Parts have arrived, hoping to get the machining done soon.

20161102_233637.jpg

20161103_184508.jpg

20161103_184521.jpg

20161103_184524.jpg

20161103_184529.jpg

20161108_172651.jpg

Fell off of a roof. Hurt my back and collapsed a lung. Doing much better now. Thank you for asking.

I really enjoy the work, it was a metal roof, on the morning, still covered with dew. Luckily was only 12' high. I can tell you this much, it didn't feel good. Thankful to be walking

Fell off of a roof. Hurt my back and collapsed a lung. Doing much better now. Thank you for asking.
Glad to hear that it didn't get worse.
I'm working at Skanska and they got very serious roules and standards at their constructions. We can't start a job without a method statement to ensure the safety, using safety harness when working on hights for example.
Take care out there.
I'm following your stroker build since I would love to do the same with a B engine I got in the garage.

Few years back when I had my 1st 383 built, pretty much the same specs you have, I went with the edelbrock rpm intake nothin else came close on the dyno, we had 5 different intakes we tested, the victor single plane had 10 more hp up top but lost alot of tq at bottom. I used a 850 hp holley and engine made 502 hp and 484 tq. make sure you have a good torque converter and gear! or it will feel like a pig! Lol

-
Back