392 hemi Dart

-

mopardave913

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have asked any questions on here, but I am stuck right now. I have a 66 dart gt with a 392 in it. I am wondering what did you guys do for a radiator, fans and shroud? I am seeing these kits online that come with fans that just get zip tied to the radiator itself, seems kind of jenky to me, but maybe that's ok?

As far as the rest of the build goes we have the engine in and it does fit. The tubular k-member for RMS works perfect. He provided all of the steering linkage we needed so we have power steering with the factory column. We did have to build our own headers, which isn't going to bad so far, but they are not done yet. We have the Tremec 6 speed in with a trans mount that we fabricated and were able to relocate the shifter forward just using a Hurst kit. We are using the RMS rear 4 link suspension package with a Ford rear end that he provided.

The body is taking the longest to straighten out. I have new quarters on both sides, all new floors front to back and the fenders had to be fiber glassed.

Here is link with most of our pictures if anyone is curious to see.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/glyap65i0nfz1rj/AADPOygAto1HxHQxgRWVlRCea?dl=0

Can't help you, sorry, I think his name is "Tincup" on here has an early car / 3g it's quite a build

I used a Champion radiator and made my own fan shroud from aluminum and tack welded it to the radiator and used a Spal fan .
I have to put some holes in the shroud with rubber flaps yet, to allow air flow on the highway.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 517
So I should use an OEM style radiator? In other words something that will bolt right into the stock location? I figured it would be big enough for cooling, but what I wasn't sure about was mounting that fan. Like I said the zip tie method seemed kind of jenky to me.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the stock radiator have the inlet on the driver side and the outlet on the passenger side? I was thinking it would be better to have both on the passenger side to match the 3g hemi, but maybe that doesn't matter?

What I am also curious about is the advantages and disadvantages between cross flow and down flow and double flow?

So I should use an OEM style radiator? In other words something that will bolt right into the stock location? I figured it would be big enough for cooling, but what I wasn't sure about was mounting that fan. Like I said the zip tie method seemed kind of jenky to me.

A friend with a road race mustang said he started with the zip-tie method, and it didn't hold up.
He fabbed something out of small square tubing to just mount the fan, not the rad..
Yeah, I'd be worried about it eventually causing leaks on a street car.

I bought my radiator online at Dillon radiator .com zipped tied a fan on it. Have 35,000 miles on it half of which is from stop and go traffic in 90 -100 degree summer weather with no problems spent $160.00 for both.or you can buy a Bcool with fan and shrowd for $800

-
Back