3G Hemi fuel: EFI vs Carb

-
Maybe because people only take notice of what happens in good motorsports?

like what? You into extreme lawnmower racing? Your attitude really sucks buddy.

Since I lucked out and bought some engine core Hemi's that were half decent I've got a hemi together for less then 500 bucks. I'm going to be into a fuel injected hemi swap for under 2G's for my 81 truck.

I still think people just need to do whatever their most comfortable with. if the carb is your comfort zone then use it. If your willing to deal with some headaches do a fuel injection swap it will be for better driveability everyday.

Thanks for your tuning story map63vette, I really think fuel injection is too much like voodoo for most people. The way carbs work is if you're even remotely close the car will at least run, you might leave 50 HP on the table but at least your cruising down the road.

I think with FI there is this real fear of having a car that simply won't run, and no way to figure out why. I think with a fully tunable setup like FAST, AEM, or Megasquirt that doesn't have to be that way though. The factory ECM though is a lot more like a black box.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

like what? You into extreme lawnmower racing? Your attitude really sucks buddy.

Since I lucked out and bought some engine core Hemi's that were half decent I've got a hemi together for less then 500 bucks. I'm going to be into a fuel injected hemi swap for under 2G's for my 81 truck.

I still think people just need to do whatever their most comfortable with. if the carb is your comfort zone then use it. If your willing to deal with some headaches do a fuel injection swap it will be for better driveability everyday.

Nope, i just never miss an opportunity to take a stab at nascrap. Ugh, such a stupid "sport"

If my Scamp wasn't original, I'd look into doing a hemi swap...

If I ever find a cheap wrecked camaro, firebird etc, I plan on doing an ls or lt engine swap on my 75' Trans Am (actually wife's car). It does sound like a daunting task to do, but with all the parts in a single vehicle, it shouldn't be too bad. Yet with that said, I like the idea of driving an older body style vehicle that handles like a newer one. I'd also want to update the suspension and brakes so it handles like one too, but it's a lot of work. So until I find that deal (looking for a cheap insurance buy-back).....

-
Back