$3k Drag Challenge - A-body vs B-body

-
I was thinking the along the same lines. Give this crowd time? And we will poke holes in any rulebook. Lol

Right! Long time racer, mechanic, crew chief and tax guy. I look for the gray area in EVERYTHING! LOL

Here is a LA head gasket on top of a Magnum block. Notice the top hole on the gasket has no hole behind it. If it did, that would be the oil feed hole.

2125C665-71C0-4779-8BFD-FE437DC2AF09.jpeg

That was the passenger side. The drivers side is more up front in the valley. They both have this bulge where the oil would come up from the block.

66EB920F-0294-4647-A817-73EF878C2EFC.jpeg

There were “crossover” years where the new Magnum engine was still using the “LA” blocks with oil passages.
Everything else on and in that block/engine could have very well been a Magnum, but the late LA engines were also roller cam engines.

Alright, I’ve finally decided on the power adder. I’ve always wanted to do this. The 318 is getting boosted with an eBay turbo in a draw through configuration.

Alright, I’ve finally decided on the power adder. I’ve always wanted to do this. The 318 is getting boosted with an eBay turbo in a draw through configuration.
You've been doing research, so this is just an off the cuff thought.
It would seem like a (used?) Nitrous system, numerically high gears (1/8th mile race) and traction would be the best value for winning. Another factor is the nitrous can hit at the start, whereas the turbo has to build boost w/RPMs and how are you going to do that on the start line?
Nitrous (or whatever, you did say that "you always wanted to do the turbo)
MUST: gears and traction!

You've been doing research, so this is just an off the cuff thought.
It would seem like a (used?) Nitrous system, numerically high gears (1/8th mile race) and traction would be the best value for winning. Another factor is the nitrous can hit at the start, whereas the turbo has to build boost w/RPMs and how are you going to do that on the start line?
Nitrous (or whatever, you did say that "you always wanted to do the turbo)
MUST: gears and traction!

Nitrous is definitely the easiest go-to option. The kicker with this particular competition is that there’s a 200 shot limit. There’s no limit on boost. I can build boost at the starting line and have it ready for the green light. 12lbs should put me in the 600hp range

LOL! Ditto.
(I gotta get into how to edit the videos. The ones I did in the gloomy garage are a one shot deal. Set up the stuff, click the record button, chat away… LOL!)

The ticket would have been to use two shortside axles from another junker in the yard, cut the long tube down, and center up the pumpkin in doing so. It would gain pretty much an inch of clearance on each side when installed. In Duster/Dart Sport the way you did it would be more than sufficient for almost any wheel combo. Just in them Darts/Scamps.... its tight with wheels that aren't like the Mustang wheels you used. Nice car, and I've got some junk I'll line up with y'all when you get them running good!

It’s been fun following along with this challenge. I really enjoy your content. Btw, congrats on the new baby girl! We just had our first (also a girl) May 6th. There really is nothing like it!

It’s been fun following along with this challenge. I really enjoy your content. Btw, congrats on the new baby girl! We just had our first (also a girl) May 6th. There really is nothing like it!

Thanks! It’s crazy how different the experience is with my daughter than it was with my boy. It’s only a matter of time before she’s in the garage as well! Lol

-
Back