4 bbl intake for a 64 273

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
A note to those perspective seller, the intake bolt angle is not that of later engine, so your Edelbrock Performer will not bolt up.

Fordilac, have you thought about updating the heads a few years?

I am aware of the bolt angle problem if I remember it is 64 & 65 only I hate to say it but I am a total newby to the mopar world I am died in the wool blue but my wife loves this 64dart so I have to learn as I go could you put a set of 360 heads on the 273 block???

360 heads will bolt up but you wont have any compression you would be better off with a set of 318 heads with unleaded valve seats just my 2c

I am aware of the bolt angle problem if I remember it is 64 & 65 only I hate to say it but I am a total newby to the mopar world I am died in the wool blue but my wife loves this 64dart so I have to learn as I go could you put a set of 360 heads on the 273 block???

My post of the bolt angle was to those whom may not know since it is a odd thing and only for a few years. Glad you knew that, but others don't know it and would offer you a new style intake like a performer that would not bolt up.

As mentioned earlier, a set of 318 heads would be much better to use and certainly over 360 heads since they have a much larger chamber than a 273/318 head.

Are you still gunning for a correct bolt angle 273 intake? They can be a bit hard to find, but, will pop up from time to time.

offenhauser still produces several intakes for the early 273,, if you dont need a date coded intake ide bite the bullet and get a new offy,,,but the early iron intakes do come up for sale every once in a while,

i believe offy has 5 intakes to choose from for the early 273

offenhauser still produces several intakes for the early 273,, if you dont need a date coded intake ide bite the bullet and get a new offy,,,but the early iron intakes do come up for sale every once in a while,

i believe offy has 5 intakes to choose from for the early 273

True and I have an Offy from my dads 65 Formula S . It is good and from back in the early days.

I have the factory 4bbl from a 66 but if your engine is an original 64 it will not work, the bolts have a different attachment configuration. Do you know the year of your engine if not a 64? Thanx

If You switch to later style heads such as 302's you will need to do a lil' bit of grinding and to use double gaskets on the drivers side because the exhaust manifold will hit the head whear it goes down and turns towards the back of the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back