4 position ignition switch with Fast Efi

-

Dexterkatt

Reaction score
I understand that I need a 4 position ignition switch: off, acc, on, run. I am using one I found on a tractor site but it is not very good and doesn't fit the switch hole in the dash. Anyone
find an OEM switch that works?

I understand that I need a 4 position ignition switch: off, acc, on, run. I am using one I found on a tractor site but it is not very good and doesn't fit the switch hole in the dash. Anyone
find an OEM switch that works?

Fit what hole? What are we workin on?

24debfe3db14cb7104a26169f90decf5--gmc-truck-trucks.jpg

Why can't you use an original switch?

And I already asked WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ONE?

A 1910 Model T?

A 1942 DeHavilland Beaver?

A 2010 Koenigsegg Agera RS?

Sorry, 1969 Dart GTS. The original switch has 3 positions and the techs said I needed 4 for the FAST EFI to function. I found several but I wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and used a stock Chrysler switch. Thanks.

The OEM switch has accessory, lock, off, on, and start

I don't know what they want. One issue when diddling with EFI and ignition changes is the Mopars all were designed with IGN1 (run) and IGN2 (coil resistor bypass during start.)

The thing is, IGN1 run goes dead during start, and the IGN2 comes alive only during start. Most of us converting ignition, etc, just jumper the two together.

I see no reason NOT to use the original switch, except maybe getting one if the parts stores can't supply. There's at least one year is an oddity I've forgetten, different length, etc

Sorry, 1969 Dart GTS. The original switch has 3 positions and the techs said I needed 4 for the FAST EFI to function. I found several but I wanted to know if anyone has had this issue and used a stock Chrysler switch. Thanks.
I`ve got an original 68 barracuda switch, w/ a fast 2.0 on a 505'' wedge Had to tie 3 wires together on the switch, cant remember the colors, but one was brown. If u can get ahold of Sean at EZ wiring, he can tell you first shot, extremely smart guy !

I'm running the FAST EZ-EFI 2.0 system on my 67 Dart. My original ignition switch works great; but as 67Dart273 said, you have to wire IGN1 and IGN2 together to ensure that the car will start AND stay running. Easy peasy...

Of course, I'm making the assumption that you plan to run a 12V CD-style ignition as recommended by FAST. I'm guessing that bad things would happen if you wire together IGN1 and IGN2 with the stock ignition system/ballast resistor configuration.

Last edited:
-
Back