Not open for further replies.

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Hi Guys
I know 4 speed consoles for an A body are hard to come by but thought I would see is anyone has one for my 72 Duster. I have had guys tell me they have seen these in Dusters but I never have. I am not sure if there is a company out there that makes an after market. I did see on on e-bay, but it did not look in very good condition

They may have seen them in Dusters but they were not factory installed.
Just get an auto console from any 67 up A body and buy a new repro 4 speed top plate from BE&A.

They may have seen them in Dusters but they were not factory installed.
Just get an auto console from any 67 up A body and buy a new repro 4 speed top plate from BE&A.

Will trick work with 67 Dart 4 speed.

Here is a photo of a 68-69 DART GTS with 4 speed console, they were offered on GTS Models only, either the 340 or the 383

Attachments

• dodge dart 4 speed console photo.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 223
They were available on ANY V8 GT (four speed, auto console was available on
ANY GT EXCEPT three speed manual). Four speed or auto consoles were available on GTS models.

There are some differences in the console where the shifter comes through the floor, Also the shifter itself is offset to the left 3-5/8".

the 4 speed console is different from the automatic console, there is a kick-out on the drivers side, where the shifter mechanism bolts to the transmission, since the shifter is bolted to the tail shaft of the tranny, you will see that it sets the mechanism to the left of the tunnel.

see photo that I had posted in this thread above, and yes, it can be installed into any A-BODY.

I hope this helps you guys and gals out.

mopar charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back