4-speed foot "rub pad"

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how I would find it? I tried a bunch of search strings and have come up empty.

I would think "Mopar A body 4 speed" would find it, but didn't...

Thanks!

I never saw one before. Plymouth only? I haven't noticed any on Darts or in the accessory catalogs. I should look again.

Not sure but I think they came on all 4 speed a-bodies in 64 and 65 but dont quote me on that its just an observation.

You are right that one has really shot up in value.I am now thinking of taking mine out to sell it for that kind of money.

Wow it just sold for $101. time to make some repops

That's actually what I was thinking. If someone wants to loan me one, I will make up some 3D models and contact shops about having them made. I am serious and I'll get you in on a piece of the action (if it comes to fruition) just for letting me take measurements.

It might be too expensive of a process for the demand but if we can sell them for 1/2 that price, we'd be in business.

PM me please.

Crazy stuff. Our '65 Dart 3-speed has it too and I didn't even know what it was until this post, lol..

Well that stupid piece of metal has shot up already. I tell ya, Ebay is ridiculous sometimes. :sad1:

Anyone got one for a REASONABLE price?

:goodman:

It ain't ebay, it's those who bid. And it is worth every penny they bid, because that what was they decided to bid. If your at an auction, you only bid what it is worth to you, then you quit. If you had two guys who wanted your parts at a swap meet, hey best offer gets it.

There was a day in time when folks, no matter what, used different judgement and would only go so high. Now, folks will go all out for simple stuff. I guess if you had a complete car that you have spent thousands on and this is all you need, or if you destroyed one in your shop while changing the carpet, etc, you might pay whatever to get it.

Me, I ain't gonna bid that high, i will just keep my eyes open for one in the $20-$30 range.

:goodman:

It ain't ebay, it's those who bid. And it is worth every penny they bid, because that what was they decided to bid. If your at an auction, you only bid what it is worth to you, then you quit. If you had two guys who wanted your parts at a swap meet, hey best offer gets it.

There was a day in time when folks, no matter what, used different judgement and would only go so high. Now, folks will go all out for simple stuff. I guess if you had a complete car that you have spent thousands on and this is all you need, or if you destroyed one in your shop while changing the carpet, etc, you might pay whatever to get it.

Me, I ain't gonna bid that high, i will just keep my eyes open for one in the $20-$30 range.

Yeah but Ebay helps bring out all the crazies because the visibility is so high. I bet that if it was in a local swap meet, it would sell for $30.

I agree with you, but it still sucks. Thanks for the pat on the head. :lol:

I think the seller was using shills. When I clicked on specific bidders there percentage of transactions with this seller was above 50% in most cases. That defies all reasonable odds, especially when you've got over a hundred transactions and in one case over five hundred. The seller was workin' the system with his friends in my opinion. An honest seller will come along, keep your eyes open.

I think the seller was using shills. When I clicked on specific bidders there percentage of transactions with this seller was above 50% in most cases. That defies all reasonable odds, especially when you've got over a hundred transactions and in one case over five hundred. The seller was workin' the system with his friends in my opinion. An honest seller will come along, keep your eyes open.
I have seen this before and agree on the shill bidding. If we turn all these people in for shill bidding the prices may be within reason. I just turned another shill bidder in tonight and will continue as I see what I think is shill bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back