4 speed swap question

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the 904 tranny out of the 73 Dart Sport today. we are going with a 833 4 speed. I have a 360 in it. I put a new B & M flex plate on this when I put the 904 in it about 6 months ago. what kind of a flex plate will I need to put the 4 speed in this car. I have not done this in 40 years so I need to learn it all over again. can you tell me what I am going to need here.If I cannot use this flex plate, I am going to sell it. thanks,Bill

You need a 360 external balance flywheel that fits the bellhousing you are using in the swap.

You won't use a flex plate at all. You need an solid 360 external balanced flywheel with a clutch to match your bell housing for a standard tranny.

what would be the best set up to go with on the flywheel. clutch and pressure plate. Mopar performance or something from Summit or where. I am new to this. I think we have most everything else.I was looking at a MP one part # 4529110. didn't know if that would be a good one. he doesn't need one of these for drag racing or anything like that.

-
Back