4 speed trans question

-

Ceedawg

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a b-body trans in an a-body? I thinking no problem with mounts just the shifter. To get in the proper spot I thought of making a new mount bracket. Driveshaft would be same as the 727 so no problem there. All ears.

Not much help, 3 posts. Did some measuring, I have 2 tail shaft housings, one trans mount is in the right distance for crossmember and has a foward and back shifter mount. The front one is behind the loop on crossmember and the other is to far back. I’ll fab a bracket to tie in both places to center up the shifter in the right place. For the life of me I can’t understand why Chrysler didn’t do this. Then ONE driveshaft for 727 and 4 speed. Who knows maybe the 904 shaft is same as short 4 speed? Now finding a /6 4 speed bell (overdrive) another bone head move from them!

There is a drawing there has an adapter for the E-body tail house mount. Did you find it?

Not much help, 3 posts. Did some measuring, I have 2 tail shaft housings, one trans mount is in the right distance for crossmember and has a foward and back shifter mount. The front one is behind the loop on crossmember and the other is to far back. I’ll fab a bracket to tie in both places to center up the shifter in the right place. For the life of me I can’t understand why Chrysler didn’t do this. Then ONE driveshaft for 727 and 4 speed. Who knows maybe the 904 shaft is same as short 4 speed? Now finding a /6 4 speed bell (overdrive) another bone head move from them!
About 30 years ago I had a few of those...

BigBlockDart had a bracket all laid out. I just posted this on another thread recently, last few days

See post 10

Manual transmission conversion into 72 Duster

Finally found it, T5 sounds interesting. I have one 5 speed in a Datsun and one behind a Perkins in a B2200, wonder if they would hold up behind a /6?
I can't remember his name, maybe Lou? Anyway quite a few years ago saw his '65 4 door Dart at Piedmont Drag Strip. Had /6, EFI, and a T5. Seemed please with his combo. Had returned from a road trip to California with the Dart. Very nice car!

-
Back