4 speed transmission id abody?

-

tb3cuda

Reaction score
Can anyone id this 4 speed,hard to tell without pics of the tailshaft,I think itd a mopar abody 4 speed

Screenshot_20240116-085410_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240116-085416_Messenger.jpg

It would be swell, when you ask questions such as this, if you'd actually post a photo. One larger than a postage stamp, and maybe one that actually shows the entire transmission. Hint: Cannot see the output

Also, "the numbers" may or may not actually mean much. As old as these girls all are, it is very possible that the transmission is a different box of parts internally, than the case number suggests.

There should be a pad and stampings on the box, but I am no expert on those.

Is it new enough it could be an overdrive 4 speed? Wrench the FRONT shifter CW. This puts the box into 3rd gear if it's a straight through box, or into OD if it's an OD box. Now mark and rotate the front shaft 1 turn. Watch the tail and if it goes more than 1 T you have an OD, if it goes LESS than 1 T you have a straight through 3 speed

Also I thought (on 4 speeds) that slant six boxes came with a 3:1 low. Get the box into neutral, and wrench the rear shaft (not reverse) CW which is 1st gear. Mark and rotate the front shaft and count turns while watching the output to rotate 1T. Three turns is of course 3:1

Last edited:
67dart273 nothing better to do with your time,your a big help,also those were the pics sent to me,so get your magnifying glass out

67dart273 nothing better to do with your time,your a big help,also those were the pics sent to me,so get your magnifying glass out
The hell do you want? WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU WANT? JUST WHAT IN THE **** DO YOU WANT?

I have a suggestion where you can put the tailshaft of that transmission WHICH YOU DID NOT BOTHER TO SHOW IN THE PHOTOS

Del gave you excellent advice in post #4 and he was dead right in his first paragraph. You had told no one at that time that those pictures were all you had. That was need to know information that you left out, yet you go off on someone trying to help you. You need to remember, no one around here draws a paycheck to help people. Time is irreplaceable and he gave you his time with a good answer. You were the one who went bad with it. You got what you deserved.

I think post number 7 was the best suggestion he received.

and the peanut gallery shows up a week later with nothing better to do,the first reponse answered my question,

-
Back