-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumblin_440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Ok guys I'm looking for a 4-speed trans for my 78 power wagon that I recently put a 440 with a few extra get up and go parts. It's gonna be a work truck/puller so I'm looking for 4x4 relatively low gears. If no one has one close by info on what I'll need or where I might find one would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

I assume that you are talking manual shift 4-speed.
Start checking local wrecking yards, I have even seen Ramcharges with 4-speeds. The trans is the same no matter what engine.
Grab the transfer case when you find one, if I remember correctly the cast iron piece between the transfer case and transission are different lenghts between an auto and 4-speed.

The major problem I see is finding the factory aluminum bell-housing, they pop up for sale every once in a while but they are very expensive to buy.

You will want the NP-435 with the low granny 1st gear. The correct bellhousing is gonna be hard to locate, sometimes they pop up for around $400

I just got my new summit flier and lakewood is making a new bellhousing for big block 4x4 trucks, price is $495, the bell also accepts the newer 5-speeds.
Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back