4 to 2 bolt master cylinder

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
This has probaly been ask many times. Please refresh my memory. I put all disk brakes on my 67 barracuda & bought a newer style aluminum master cylinder. I have to get the plate to go from a 4 blot to a 2 bolt. My car is an originally manual brakes & thats what its going to stay. Now can i use the original brake push rod or di i have to get a longer one because of the plate ?

I am facing the same issue, but won't be into it for another possible month. Tired of messing with the stock replacement junk. Have had 3 bad replacement distribution blocks, am considering aftermarket master and adjustable proportioning valve.

If the new m/c cup is the same depth (as OE) the plate will make the pedal lower. Your better off getting the adjustable pushrod to compensate for any depth issues.

If the new m/c cup is the same depth (as OE) the plate will make the pedal lower. Your better off getting the adjustable pushrod to compensate for any depth issues.
AM I imagining things or doesn't the adjustable pushrod sometimes come with some of those M/C plates? Seems I remember a kit from M/P many years ago.

when it was sold as a kit to fit the aluminum "mopar" style master.

-
Back