Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
What are they going for and does anyone have one? I have a 390 Holley for the slant but I hate Holleys and would rather have an AFB on a driver. Wen't they only on Pontiacs or something goofy like that?

Hummm... I thought the smallest AFB was rated at 500 cfm. All the Pontiac's I saw had 625's on them but you could ask lead69 as he knows Poncho's real good. The early GM's used the WCFB (Will Carter four barrel) and I think it was smaller but not sure on the exact size. It was last used around 65 if I remember right, then they switched to the lighter AFB (aluminum four barrel).

BTW: 500 AFB's were used on some lower perf. mid 60's Mopars. I had a 66 Newport with a 383 that had the 500 AFB on it. It used the narrow bolt pattern.

WCFB = Will Carter Four Barrel, Carters first 4bbl. carb. I know they were small, but how small I do not know.
Yes, they made 400 cfm AFB's. Dual Quad applications will have them. There expensive lil'bugers since they only came on street dualquad engines. Theres not many applications for them. Chevy and I think the Poncho's used them as well as the Fury's etc..... from MoPar.

WCFB = Will Carter Four Barrel, Carters first 4bbl. carb. I know they were small, but how small I do not know.
Yes, they made 400 cfm AFB's. Dual Quad applications will have them. There expensive lil'bugers since they only came on street dualquad engines. Theres not many applications for them. Chevy and I think the Poncho's used them as well as the Fury's etc..... from MoPar.

Rumble did they also make a 500 AFB? Maybe the ones I always thought were 500's were actually 400's??

You might do some research on the AFB's that came on the '64 - '65 Buick 300 and '66 - '67 Buick 340 engines (yes, Buick had a 340 before Mopar did). I have had these cars in the past and those carbs had some pretty small butterflies and venturies. I would bet they weren't any bigger than 500cfm but they could be smaller.

Chuck

Yes, they did. They made a 400, 500, 575, 600 and 750 cfm stock size AFB's.
AVS's were 2 sized @ 630 & 750 cfm

I'm poking around now for the WCFB sizes. OH, there it is.
Rated @ 385 cfm and 18 lbs. of cast iron, Intro'd in 1952.

Yes, they did. They made a 400, 500, 575, 600 and 750 cfm stock size AFB's.
AVS's were 2 sized @ 630 & 750 cfm

I'm poking around now for the WCFB sizes. OH, there it is.
Rated @ 385 cfm and 18 lbs. of cast iron, Intro'd in 1952.

Wow 18 lbs!! I remembered they were heavy but not that heavy.

Didn't they make a 625 AFB also? I remember reading several places where they mentioned the small one being 625 cfm.

Ahh, yea, it should have read 625 instead of 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back