400 low buck dont give a

-
little update:D:D:D good seeing you sat. bob had a blast....picked up the heads to carry to the machine shop going to have new valves installed going 2.14/1.81 and a good 3 angle valve job done:prayer::prayer:... so hope things move along race season is here and I need to spin a tire on something lol

well picked up some parts needed to finish up the heads for the old 400...I will have to get them to the machine shop now to have the heads opened up to take the bigger valves and do a good valve job .. then we can get them together all needed to finish up then will be head gaskets (steel thin) valve cover gaskets,oil pan gasket, and oil pump, water pump intake and valley pan ...so all we need are the little things oh and valve locks...:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:maybe this thing will burn a tire here soon.... thanks for all the help and hard work bob

thanks trying to get this thing finished so I can get it out of bobs way and between some fenders lol...:D

:Dwell I will be home this week for the holiday and hope I can get the heads to the shop...I moved from Ahoskie nc to franklin va in a better hotel now ..lol still working and looking for something to do around here on the weekends...im only here to work but gets bored in a room all the time...went to hertford race track Friday before last had a good time not a lot of cars as they say is usually there but the weather had a lot to do with that...cloudy and rain for a few mins.. plan to hit creswell race track here soon and see how things look out there....:D:D

One of my Daughter's does oil land acquisition research in W.Va, Pa, & Ohio. Always moving around and has been in different hotels for 2yrs now. Drives her nuts, but she making some decent $$$. She constantly drives to her sisters in Baltimore on weekends just to hang out and find something to do...lol.

P.S. My father-in-law, rest his soul's, family was from Franklin, dating back to the early 1800's. They eventually spread to southern W.Va.....There's a very old family cemetery that I have visited there that's so far back in the woods, I was glad I had 4wheel drive to even get there....lol. If you see the name Webb anywhere, probably a distant relative.

well a little up date not so good but good.. I was going to take the heads to the shop and have them cut for the bigger valves and do a good valve job and was shock at how the price of things have gone up...550/600 just to do that work...so I am going to just have the old valves refinished and put them back in the heads for right now...reason being im not putting that much in this motor right now when I can use that to buy the header parts for my chassis car so I can finish it....not being cheap just got to make a choice on what I want the most..plus this is just a car I plan to drive around home ...so I will keep you posted and see what we end up with :prayer:

that's right ...lol but I do plan to do the heads later on but my other car is my most important car as for as the money goes ..lol

yo mike, what did you decide to do with the heads? if you're going to put it on the back burner maybe we should think about getting the motor to your shop as it will be in the way of me getting my hotrod in and out of my garage. i should be ready to tnt real soon. going to work with robin at hospira for a week really helped me with the funds to be able to purchase the stuff i needed.

hey bob going to get the valves grinded so we can put them back in...but I can bring it home and get it out the way.. I know you ready to go racing and I am to so no need to be in your way.....:D:D glad you got the fire system worked out.....I should be home Friday/sat. will let you know for sure I talk to the guys and they said they can go ahead and do the valves for me in rocky mount...I had the oil pan out yesterday looking it over and need to paint it and make the pick up longer as well...:prayer::prayer:

i just mean just the block, not everything. if the heads are done soon we can put it all together then it can go to your shop complete. i'm ok with it another week or two.

got the valley pan and intake gaskets today for this motor ...has the heat cross over block so we are still on our way with this thing guys..lol:prayer:

good deal bob ..glad you got your truck up and going...did you get the alky ordered up????

well bob has the heads back and they look great... my son calls a few mins. ago and said the head gaskets where there so we most all the parts to put this thing together now...:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

I have the springs installed on one head but the other I ran into a small problem, two of the retainers are for 11/32" stems, so earthmover is on the fix for that.

Don't think that is gonna happen on this project, look at the title below.

400 low buck dont give a f**k

-
Back