400 stroker single plain intake ...

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Guys and Gals...
>>>>>>>>>>>400 stroker ... not a 440 stroker <<<<<<<<<<
I need to now what "SINGLE PLAIN" intake WILL fit under a STOCK 1969 Dart hood with air cleaner .. Any suggestions ... any pictures ?... THANKS ..

This is a on a 1969 cuda. Holley Street Dominator. It came out well in flow tests and is low enough to fit under stock hood.

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG

FYI ....... i will be using Trickflow 240 or 270 cylinder heads .. let me know what you have for either cylinder head ... thanks

Edelbrock Torker 383. 400 block Edelbrock heads,it fit under my hood.

To those responding.

Please advise if your engines produced in excess of 700 HP with your manifolds.

No answers like.
"I think it would have if.........."
"It should."
"Joe B.S. says it will."
"I heard of a guy who did."
"There was this time back in ought-4 when cousin Ramsey........"

I want to know if you flat did it.

Trying to get close to 700 HP on pump gas and an intake that will fit under hood .. Thanks

Trying to get close to 700 HP on pump gas and an intake that will fit under hood .. Thanks

700 hp with out of the box Trick Flow heads is going to require a good intake. A port matched Trick Flow intake might get you there. On my 470 I ended up needing a Mopar M1 4500 intake fully ported by Wilson to move past 700 hp.

700 hp with out of the box Trick Flow heads is going to require a good intake. A port matched Trick Flow intake might get you there. On my 470 I ended up needing a Mopar M1 4500 intake fully ported by Wilson to move past 700 hp.
And here is ur answer ! Nice looking set up, I might add !

Here is a link to the latest article on the Hot Rod website: Dyno Day: Trick Flow 270 Mopar Heads - Hot Rod Network

If you search on Engine articles you'll find several other 470 articles on the Hot Rod website. I did one in Feb testing rocker arms and one in May where I tested intake manifolds and now the 240 vs. 270 head article. Next article will cover ported intake, then EFI this Fall, etc. You might consider buying a subscription to Car Craft if you want to read the articles in print........

-
Back