408 build help

-

Swanny253

Reaction score
I’ve got a running driving 360 la in my dart, just picked up a atk 408 shortblock magnum and some trickflow 190 heads in the middle of ordering parts to finish it but what parts can I use off my la in regards to not having to buy something I don’t need besides gaskets and what not

I’ve got a running driving 360 la in my dart, just picked up a atk 408 shortblock magnum and some trickflow 190 heads in the middle of ordering parts to finish it but what parts can I use off my la in regards to not having to buy something I don’t need besides gaskets and what not
Can you post pictures of the deck surfaces. Be interesting to see if you got an early Magnum or later.

This is what you want to look for on both banks, between cyl 1-3 and 6-8. Oil passages drilled. Early Magnums have the passages drilled. At some point they were no longer drilled, hard to pin down exactly when that occurred. But just because it’s a Magnum block does not mean it’s not drilled. You may luck out, and will then have more options for rocker arm assemblies.

8770A2D1-D662-4ADE-A7CB-892C7FC42545.jpeg

With the TF heads and those rockers you should oil through the pushrods. Same combo I used with a early la block. If your block has the oiling holes you can can do several things. I chose to tap and plug them. You will need to get a push rod measuring tool to determine pushrod length.

Can anyone tell me what I can use from la to magnum like accessory wise and flex plate for a 4 speed if it’s internally balanced now

-
Back